Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Methysergide users experience (Read 1519 times)
MITYRARE
CH.com Old Timer

autocross racer

Ontario, Canada
Methysergide users experience
Nov 5th, 2008 at 11:10pm

I have read the LSD posts and have been on methysergide( synthetic non hallucinegenic LSD) in the past.
Unfortunately I suffered from extreme hallicinations and witnessed unmentionable things in my "nightmares"
Despite finding some headache relief, I just had to get off the stuff.

Anyone with a good experience on methysergide? For those that do not experience the halluc. it may be a viable option.

Paul
"car crazy"

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Re: Methysergide users experience
Reply #1 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 11:45pm

I think there are some Sansert users around here. Good to mention, it works for some.
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

jon019
CH.com Alumnus

"Ya gotta believe!"

USA
Reply #2 - Nov 8th, 2008 at 10:13pm

Hi,

The worst reaction I ever had to a med was the first (and last) time I tried methysergide...nausea, stomach pains, anxiety, sweating, dizziness, aggitation, and on and on...told my GP I would never try again and he claimed what I was describing was the "24 hr flu" (NFW!). Now, it must be noted, others have posted that the bad effects do go away over time.

Anyway this put a wedge between me and the doc and was a sad time for me, because he was very good for all my other health needs.

All in all, probably the main reason I have been so reluctant to try clusterbuster methods (even tho I am intrigued)...it was that bad...

Best,

Jon

The LARGE print giveth....and the small print taketh away.    Tom Waits

IP Logged

AlienSpaceGuy
CH.com Old Timer

Greetings from outer space

Northpole
Reply #3 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 9:01pm

Methysergide was developed from LSD, in an attempt to reduce hallucinogenic effects.

However, some nasty side-effects were traded in, including retroperitoneal fibrosis and cardiac valve dysfunction. Because of these methysergide has been withdrawn from the market in many countries.

The main difference between methysergide and the clusterbusting substances (LSD, LSA, ...) for a clusterhead are:
Methysergide must be taken daily, for the whole episode, thus increasing the risk of the side-effects.
Clusterbusting is done only once in a while, usually with only half of a "recreational" dose. The least hallucinogenic effects are from RC seeds, see Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register.

Smiley

AlienSpaceGuy believes only in scientifically sound methods.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 1:18am

Well, I took the stuff for a while, years ago.

I never experienced any of the nastier side-effects, but it didn't seem to do me any good.  If anything, it seemed to increase the number of attacks during a cycle.  No point in continuing it.  I gave it up as a bad job.

There are others here for whom it has been very effective--so take my experience for what it's worth.

Best wishes,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

ninja mom
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #5 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 2:02am

I believe I was given Sansert while inpatient, along with tegretol demerol and a few others.  The sansert didn't help, which was better than the other meds they tried.

I think there is alot of credibility in the clusterbuster methods.  For many it has been the beginning of a new life.  The doses are far below recreational, unlike the sansert  Huh

Any port in a storm.

PFDAN y'all,
kathy

Words count, chose carefully.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!