Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Oxygen Regulator Warning!!! (Read 678 times)
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Oxygen Regulator Warning!!!
Nov 13th, 2008 at 7:33am

While doing my normal watch on eBay for regulators, I found a listing for a Life Support Products Oxygen Regulators Part # 270-020.  The seller did not give much information about the regulator, so I did a Google search on it.

What a surprise!  This regulator is subject to a product recall due to the possibility of flash fire, or explosion.  To quote a DAN (Divers Alert Network) notice:
Quote:
Released March 1999

DAN announces that Allied Healthcare Products, Inc. is recalling all oxygen regulators sold under the Life Support Products (LSP) brand. This recall, first announced on Feb. 4 by Allied, is to replace aluminum components in the unit's high-pressure chamber with brass components. This action is being taken in response to reports of fires and explosions, the exact causes of which remain unknown.

And further on:
Quote:
DAN has sold two regulators that are affected by the recall. The two regulators (pictured) are the LSP 270-020 and the LSP 280-020. These regulators were sold in the DAN Standard, Dual, Mini, Charter and Training Unit oxygen systems from 1985-1997.

The full alert notice is here:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Due to this warning, and the unknown status of the regulators being sold (were they retrofitted or not?) I strongly suggest that no one bids, or buys these particular regulators.

BTW, this warning is in no way intended to slight or cast dispersions on Allied or Life Support Products.  They produce fine products, and I own several of them.  I think they acted admirably in recalling this ONE defective product (they list two part numbers, but it is actually one product, with a separate part number for the CGA 540 and a separate one for the CGA 870 connector)

Chuck

(I am going to post this in the General section too)

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!