Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I am back after two years (Read 842 times)
TAHwife
CH.com Newbie

I am married to a cluster
head and am helpless!

Erie, PA
I am back after two years
Nov 15th, 2008 at 1:53pm

I am T's wife.  He was cluster free for a little over two years and crap , they are back.  He started about 6 wks ago.  Same old thing, only he is older, 65 and retired so at least he doesn't have to deal with working and cluster headaches.
I have been reading the forums and find that more and more people are on oxygen, which was an option a few years ago and also imitrex injections, which is new to me.
It really doesn't look like a lot of people are really getting a lot of relieve for any period of time.  Since I am partially retired, I am also living with his pain, not that I didn't before. 
T has reverse blood flow in his left arm, has anyone else heard of this or has it?  Doc's discovered this about 5 yrs ago.  Put on bp meds.  He alos is border diabetic and has high cholestrol.  T wouldn't miss taking the above drugs, as he calls them "preventative meds" but is bucking me about finding a doc that will give him oxygen or injections.  He is very bullheaded!!!
We lived in Northwestern Pa..anyone from around here that I could "vent" with?
How can we put a man on the moon, send people into space for months at a time and yet can't get cure for CH suffers, or cancer or any other disease that doc's don't "really know the cause of the cure?"
Sorry for the rambling and ranting.  Just have had it.  I truly hope there are people out there that are pain free today.  KarenNov 15th, 2008 at 1:51pm

Karen
eastofparadise758  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: I am back after two years
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2008 at 2:30pm

Ramble away you're a supporter, God knows you've earned the right to vent!!! I'm one of the really strong proponents of oxygen. 30 years of dancing with the beast and it's still my first round abort and the most effective. Under the meds section, Chuck has posted "Oxygen Terms Explained". Give it a look, it has pretty pictures and answers every question I could think to ask!!! Welcome back, damned sorry you had to come back though. And thank you for being a supporter, you guys rock! Smiley

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #2 - Nov 22nd, 2008 at 9:29am

Sorry to hear of your return, but im glad to know you found the right place. I hope this is a short cycle or maybe even just a couple of solo hits. Were here if you need us, Be Well..  Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

tuck
CH.com Veteran

Damn this cross is heavy
!

Gillespie , Illinois
Reply #3 - Nov 22nd, 2008 at 9:35am

weilcome!!!  I too am a big fan of O2.  I had tryed it years ago to no avail, only to find out on THIS SITE that i was using it wrong. It has been heavan sent. Good luck to you and yours!!!!!!  Tuck

cancer shmancer,, i get cluster headaches!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!