Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hiya (Read 1999 times)
Dark.Liberty
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Hiya
Dec 7th, 2008 at 11:38pm

Hey everybody!

Pleased to meetcha all...

I myself do not suffer from cluster headaches. I joined this site with my lover, who is a chronic sufferer. I hope to learn as much as possible about this disorder, and from those who know it better than anyone else can. I hope i can be supportive to everyone as well as my dear. :]

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Re: Hiya
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2008 at 11:43pm

Hi, DL.

I'm sure you must have plenty of questions, and I hope you will feel free to ask them.  We'll answer as best we can.

As a supporter, you are welcome here--as far as we are concerned, supporters are the gold standard in human beings.

Again--welcome to CH.com.

Best wishes,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Dark.Liberty
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2008 at 11:52pm

thanks for the warm welcome, mr. george!

see you all on the board. :]

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 8th, 2008 at 4:33pm

We like supporters. I am married to one. Welcome and glad your here.
all the best
the bb

IP Logged

on my knees
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 8th, 2008 at 4:53pm

always lovin the the supporters, i agree with George they are the gold standard.

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #5 - Dec 8th, 2008 at 4:54pm

Hello and welcome to the site.

I'm a supporter too.  My husband, Blake, has been a sufferer for many years.

If you have questions or concerns, please ask away.  The people here are a wealth of information and always willing to help.

Be well,
Jackie

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #6 - Dec 8th, 2008 at 11:24pm

Hi and a big welcome to Clusterville.  We are pleased to meet you as well.  I'm also a supporter.  My hubby was eposodic for 12 years and has been chronic now for the past 3 1/2 years.

Pull up a chair and get ready to read, read and read some more.  Like Jackie said if you have questions feel free to ask.  There is always someone here ready and willing to help.

Please remember to take care of yourself, too. 

Jen

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

RichardN
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1|Crossville|USA,Tn
Reply #7 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 12:21am

Hi and Welcome

Can you tell us what meds your partner is on?  What's been tried, worked, failed?

Is 02 available at the correct flow-rate and proper mask?

Please have him/her take the cluster quiz (link on left) and give us the results.  You'll want to familiarize yourself with "the kip scale" (link on left) also, as we all use it to describe our pain levels.

Read, read read, . . . give us any info you can, and feel free to ask any questions you might have. 

Be Safe,   PFDANs

Richard

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
lastchantsranch  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #8 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 12:02pm

Welcome and God Bless you for being a supporter. My wife's tolerated thse with me for almsot 29 years. She found this board for me and has saved my sanity more then once!

Do let us know what med etc have worked, haven't worked etc., give us a chance to throw some suggestions your way. And check out the supporters board too. Good place to bitch about what pains in the butt we can be with others who understand. Thanks again for being a supporter...you guys rock! Smiley

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Sponsor

www.mosaicwench.com

Near Milwaukee WI, USA
Reply #9 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 12:48pm

Hello fellow supporter!

I'm a supporter of 17+ years and I hang around with these folks even though my DH is off the Board for awhile.

This is a great bunch of people and don't be afraid if a get-together springs up in your vicinity.  Meeting other clusterheads did my hubby a world of good, not to mention what it did for me.  The get-togethers gave me a family I never knew I had!

Welcome!

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
~Flaubert
WWW http://www.facebook.com/home.php?id=1240423960&ref Mosaicwench  
IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #10 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 2:48pm

Another big welcome from me too.  Please DO tell us your partners history of meds, what's worked, how long has he had them, chronic or episodic, things like that.   If we know more about him we can steer you in the right direction for getting him help and letting you know what to do for him.

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

seasonalboomer
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH messes with my isness

Charlotte, NC
Reply #11 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 5:01pm

Kudo's to you and your interest in learning all you can for your partner. Having an understanding partner is a big bonus to many of us who live with CH. Everyone is different in the way they "deal" with it and how we act when we're dealing with it.

I'm a withdrawer and prefer to be left alone. But honestly knowing that someone is on the other side of the house that understands why I need some quiet time is of comfort to me. And when I come out she gives me a hug and, well, that's what a supporter can be.

You being here is fantastic. Read up.

Scott

Scott

IP Logged

Dark.Liberty
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #12 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 12:49am

sorry about the late response to all you helpful folks.

for a detailed account of the person of whom i am supporting, please refer to the first post LadyRadiator had. we joined this community together.

as an added annotation to her account, she has access to oxygen, though i have yet to see the apparatus myself, as this is a very recent development.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!