Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just checking in (Read 791 times)
3-foot
CH.com Junior

Davisburg, Michigan
Just checking in
Dec 10th, 2008 at 12:33pm

I'm just checking in to say hi. I've been in remission since April 2007. It's been so long I've almost forgotten the pain. Hard to believe I know.  I still lurk on the message board now and then, and I took the survey a couple weeks ago.  It's so easy to forget about this world of pain when it isn't haunting you. I hope you'll all forgive me for my neglect.

It's not all that unusual for me to be in remission for long periods so I am sure eventually it will come back but for now life is good. Spring is my usual time for an episode to start so I have 4 months or so before I even have to worry.  In the mean time I have plenty of other things to be concerned about. It's not a good time to be in the automotive business let me tell you.

How long are Imitrex injections good for in storage, anyway? My verapmil is past it's shelf life I imagine, and my oxygen tank is depleted, it's been so long I am thinking about taking it out to the garage for storage, that tank isn't doing much for the romantic atmosphere of my bedroom.

That's all for now, pain free wishes to you all.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Just checking in
Reply #1 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 12:43pm

Always great to hear someone is in remission. I'd definitely get the oxygen tank filled! On or off cycle I've got half a dozen green E-Tanks cluttering up my garage. Scred to death of getting caught empty!

Trex I don't know about shelf life on.

And who knows...this could be the final remission and they NEVER come back!!

Guiseppi (The eternal optimist!)

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Stevens Point USA Wisconsin
Reply #2 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 1:02pm

First...imitrex shelf life.  Many peeps have used exired trex with good results.  (don't forget the trex saving tip to the left of the board here).

If you still have an active script, and the trex works well for you, start stocking up now.  I'd suggest storage in a light blocking container,  Heavy paper bag would be good, in the far back of your fridge.  This way..even when expired it will extend the shelf life.

Also I'd suggest that you find out if your O2 script is still ineffect, and always have at least 1-2 E tanks at the ready even out of cycle.  The beast has a way of morphing.  Just when you think you got it figured out...he mixes it up on you.

If you are expecting the beasts return this spring...get on the horn NOW to get in to your Neuro and get a game plan put together early.  Sometimes it takes far too long to get an appointment and you want to be ready in advance.

Keep us posted as to how you are getting along, and ask any questions you may have.

"The goal of life living in agreement with Nature."  ~Zeno
peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

3-foot
CH.com Junior

Davisburg, Michigan
Reply #3 - Dec 11th, 2008 at 12:12pm

Guiseppi wrote on Dec 10th, 2008 at 12:43pm:
And who knows...this could be the final remission and they NEVER come back!!

Guiseppi (The eternal optimist!)

How I wish that was true, but I doubt it. My last remission lasted 6 years. It was so long in-between that when I got my first hit in 2007 I didn't even realize that is was cluster, until the second one hit me the next day. Typically they start out on the mild side and steadily grow in intensity so the first one or two are pretty minor.

Maybe I have 5 more years, that wouldn't be so bad, would it?

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #4 - Dec 11th, 2008 at 1:20pm

Oh I wouldn't mind a 5 year remission!! Grin

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!