Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
hello all (Read 837 times)
ChefChris
CH.com Veteran

Virginia Beach, Va
hello all
Dec 16th, 2008 at 11:56am

just checking in. it has been 2 weeks and 5 days since ive had a hit.  ive had some very minor head pain on the right side, its like an annoying pain. it never manifest in to anything at all. im doing 100% better than i was 3 weeks ago.
and...i think im gonna change my major, i want to be a pharmasist. with the job market the way its is, medical is the only thing out here. (atleast in the 7 cities) i figure with ALL of the meds i have been on over the years, i should have a foundation for learning. and no matter how many jobs get cut here in the US, people still need medical treatment.
that would be a career for life insted of lame ass dead-end jobs. thecollege i go to offers a pharmacy tech class. i figure thats my first step in getting my foot in the door.
hope everyone is doing well and having some pain free time.
chris

life is great clean. thanks NA and rehab. clean date August 4, 2010
chris_kels 420chris420 cohen.chris@ymail.com  
IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Re: hello all
Reply #1 - Dec 16th, 2008 at 12:56pm

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Kinder gentler Potter

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #2 - Dec 16th, 2008 at 1:57pm

You do realize that you'd actually be better off completing two years at the college and then trying to transfer?  Pharmacy tech really isn't going to help you much when you start trying to get into a pharmacy school.  Also, your grades better be top notch if you want to get a pharmacy school of any merit (we have one of the top three schools in the country locally).  Are there any major colleges near you that have a pharmacy program?  Have you checked into their requirements?

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

ChefChris
CH.com Veteran

Virginia Beach, Va
Reply #3 - Dec 16th, 2008 at 6:36pm

i just saw the school im going to has a pharmacy tech program. the major school around here is ODU. my mom went to nursing school there. and im not really starting over, i just took a few classes i didnt need to. ex. culinary I & II. i just want to get my foot in the door somewhare that is a REAL job. all the jobs ive had are dead-end kitchen jobs. i thought i wanted to be a chef, thats why i took culinary classes, but i dont want to deal with the bullshit that goes with a management position. my mom suggested that i try the medical field.,she was a C.R.N.A.P. and most of my family is the medical field.  im willing to give it a try, maybe it is calling me.
ive also been looking into becoming a merchant marine. i got some papers in the mail today explaining the steps i need to take so i can sign up.in the MM i can use my culinary experience to work in the galley. im trying to leave my options open. i know its crunch time for me. i need to figure out what i want to do, fast.
now that ive figured out how to abort the cycles i dont have to worry about explaining to my boss about my "condition". i dont have to fear getting fired from a job because management doesnt want to take the time to educate themselves. i think i hope this is the begining of a new life for me.

life is great clean. thanks NA and rehab. clean date August 4, 2010
chris_kels 420chris420 cohen.chris@ymail.com  
IP Logged

KJ
CH.com Alumnus

Indianapolis, IN
Reply #4 - Dec 16th, 2008 at 8:18pm

ChefChris wrote on Dec 16th, 2008 at 6:36pm:
i dont have to fear getting fired from a job because management doesnt want to take the time to educate themselves.

Right. Fucking management. They better wise up.

Good luck! Smiley

KJ

Quit smoking March 6th, 2008

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!