Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
update (Read 2109 times)
ChefChris
CH.com Veteran

Virginia Beach, Va
update
Dec 18th, 2008 at 10:50am

now its been 2 weeks 6 days. does this sound ike remission since im epasodic? i dont want to get my hopes up with out some reassurance. any ideas? and i do want som vets knowladge. thank you all.
chris

life is great clean. thanks NA and rehab. clean date August 4, 2010
chris_kels 420chris420 cohen.chris@ymail.com  
IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Re: update
Reply #1 - Dec 18th, 2008 at 11:05am

Sounds like it to me.

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #2 - Dec 18th, 2008 at 11:06am

Sounds like it's time for the "beer test".   But... only if you are shadow free.

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

ChefChris
CH.com Veteran

Virginia Beach, Va
Reply #3 - Dec 18th, 2008 at 11:22am

the beer test will come once im in remission for a month. im playn it safe. if i do pass, i can have a few during the playoffs and superbowl.
playoffs.......my team choked.....what the fuck is new??? they always do it at the end of the season....EVERY YEAR.....dam Redskins. grrrrrrrrr.

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #4 - Dec 18th, 2008 at 2:55pm

watch out...I did the shrooms mid-cycle, and I was clear for 2 weeks, then it came back...I was told by a doctor that to break a cycle, you have to re-dose at least two more times, or it can come back...so I'd do it again, just to make sure.

Hey, at the worst, you'll have a fun weekend, right?  Grin

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

ChefChris
CH.com Veteran

Virginia Beach, Va
Reply #5 - Dec 18th, 2008 at 4:43pm

yeah, another night with the wizard of oz with some pink floyd  Smiley. no complaints here. i thought it was a one shot thing. so i should dose a few more times. is one more time ok you think? or should i go with 2?

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #6 - Dec 18th, 2008 at 5:03pm

I was told 3 or 4 times to "break" a cycle, but of course, they don't have a helluva lotta research on this; that being said, if it's available to you and you have a responsibilty-free day, then what the hell?  Better safe than sorry with CH!  Cheesy

IP Logged

ChefChris
CH.com Veteran

Virginia Beach, Va
Reply #7 - Dec 18th, 2008 at 6:57pm

you need to say no more. im there. ill get some this weekend if possible and dose again. should i wait a week before dosing?
chris

IP Logged

pubgirl
CH.com Hall of Famer

The next person who calls
it a migraine eats teeth

x0|London|United_Kingdom||0|0|
Reply #8 - Dec 18th, 2008 at 6:59pm

You have amazing self control or I love wine too much - I attempt the "beer test" (in my case a grape test) after a couple of days clear!

Usually regret it though  Embarrassed

W

Calling all Brits (and anyone else- all welcome) Join OUCH UK and help us fight CH together

IP Logged

ChefChris
CH.com Veteran

Virginia Beach, Va
Reply #9 - Dec 18th, 2008 at 7:39pm

thats why i wait. if i dont get hit within that month, im good. and i wait so there's no chance in hell for the beast to show up. but now that ive got my preventive and abortive, he can fuck off. im pretty sure ive got his ass beat. the only way hell beat me is if the mushrooms dont work any more. im slowly getting back iinto the groove of life. i feel with this new discovery that i will never have to tell antone about the CH problem again. should i still see a doc? should i tell him what i did to break the cycle? what do i do yall?? please give me some advice.

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #10 - Dec 18th, 2008 at 10:31pm

I would still tell your doc about the shrooms, and print out the data posters from the '06 study on the erowid site to show him that serious research is being done....if it's a good doc who knows about CH, then they will take this seriously.

I told my doc about it, and she said she wasn't surprised that the hallucinogens would work, considering they already prescribe ergotamine for CH.  She didn't want to "advocate" this treatment, but she was glad it worked for me, and she could let me know what meds to take/not take beforehand, what would counteract it, how long to wait before meds were out of my system, etc.

I mean, really, with a bitch like CH, if your doc can't get on board with something being studied at Harvard, that does work for you, then they just don't get it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!