Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Where can I buy a non rebreather mask please? (Read 845 times)
Iylliana
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Where can I buy a non rebreather mask please?
Dec 18th, 2008 at 6:37pm

I am in the UK, and I have just managed to get Oxygen prescribed, fingers crossed it works! It's come with a rebreather mask and a nasal canula though. Will the canula work or do I need a NRB mask? Is there a place I can order one online from the UK?

Thank God for this site, it has helped in my treatment no end! I have chronic headaches, not too sure if they are SUNCT or not. I am having some small luck with carbamazepine, but I still have major attacks every few weeks, and have had awful reactions to tramadol and temgesic, though to be honest when the pain comes on I couldn't care less about that.

IP Logged

pubgirl
CH.com Hall of Famer

The next person who calls
it a migraine eats teeth

x0|London|United_Kingdom||0|0|
Re: Where can I buy a non rebreather mask please?
Reply #1 - Dec 18th, 2008 at 6:47pm

Hello from the Uk too!

your 02 Home supplier should be able to provide a non-rebreather mask which you MUST have. the canula doesn't work for most people.

In the short term you can adapt a normal mask by cutting off the elastic and covering the holes with tape and removing the mask fom your face when you breath out (you don't want to rebreath the exhaled CO2)

I hope you have a high flow rate tank ordered too (several) you need miniumum 12 litres a minute and preferably the 15l which is not standrad issue but ALL THE HOME 02 suppliers do have the right ones

The simplest way to cover the SUNCT questions etc is to suggest you ring the OUCH UK CH Helpline on 01646 651 979. All those who work there are well-trained sufferers.

It does sound like it would be a good idea as your CH/SUNCT diagnosis sounds uncertain.

Wendy

Calling all Brits (and anyone else- all welcome) Join OUCH UK and help us fight CH together

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Re: Where can I buy a non rebreather mask please?
Reply #2 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 6:48am

what pubgirl said.. Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!