Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Long time suffer and lurker. (Read 1292 times)
B.Baer
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Northeast Pennsylvania
Long time suffer and lurker.
Dec 20th, 2008 at 9:33pm

Hello all, I'm from Northeast Pa., and have been diagnosed for about 15 years, episodic, and currently in cycle. My wife found this site approx. five years ago and it helped us greatly. Me in gathering information that has helped me better cope, and her to better cope with me. Thanks to all and keep up the good work and keep up the good fight. I am currently in my own battle with the cursed beast and will udate when I can.
My wife would post on the old site from time to time, I never did.

Barry Baer  
IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Re: Long time suffer and lurker.
Reply #1 - Dec 20th, 2008 at 9:38pm

Welcome B.
     Sorry you are back in cycle.  Just in time for the holidays.  That sucks.

So what are you using to cope with?   I hope it is working for ya.

PFD's
                                     JPC

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Dec 21st, 2008 at 1:27am

Welcome to the board, danged sorry the beasty hasn't lost your address. What Carl said, let us know what you're using, how it's working! Here's hoping for a short and sweet cycle.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Sponsor

www.mosaicwench.com

Near Milwaukee WI, USA
Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2008 at 8:30am

Glad you are here with us and not alone.  Send your wife in for a supporter boost.  We supporters can use the help, too!

So sorry you're dancing with that bastard again.

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
~Flaubert
WWW http://www.facebook.com/home.php?id=1240423960&ref Mosaicwench  
IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #4 - Dec 21st, 2008 at 8:40am

Hi B. and welcome. Sorry the beast is taking another round with you, but we are all here to help you in any way we can.

Like already said, let us know what you are taking to help fight this monster. Have you tried o2 at all as a abortive? o2 is the #1 abortive used by approximately 70% of us here.

100% o2 at at least 15 lpm with a non-rebreather mask. Get on it at the very first sign of an-oncoming hit.

Welcome to your new home, and thank your wife for finding us, as she is already welcomed here as a supporter.

Barry Smiley

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

B.Baer
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Northeast Pennsylvania
Reply #5 - Dec 21st, 2008 at 10:02am

Thanks guys, yeah it sucks, I am currently on Sansert low dose and Topamax low dose, first time for both. Does allow me to get about six hours of sleep per night on a regular basis. Not bad, if I must say so myself. I only discovered O2 three years ago as an abort. Didn't know enough about it, tried the crappy re-breather they provide with the tank etc. you know the drill. Read like crazy here on the site, fought with the insurance companies, etc. you know the drill, used to break down the Imitrex kits into three shots. My neruologist actually sent a nurse to my house to see how I did it, and see if it was poss. and safe. Neruo. since retired but new one is just as good. I find the faster I can cope, and fall into some kind of predictable cycle the better and more efficient I can become, my sales job requires long driving time between sales calls. An M-tank and Optimask strapped securely in the trunk with the back seat rest pushed to the front, run the hose out and I'm good to go. The e-tanks where a real pain in the butt.
I've managed to get it down from 8-10 CH in a 24 Hour period, to about 3-4, with most occuring between the hours of 2pm and 10pm.
Great schedule for work, not so handy for the social life if you know what I mean Grin. I have tried just about everthing over the years, really don't like the drug route but am willing to give new things a shot, after long discussions with a competent neuro. I hate using them, always will but will try and learn as much as I can with each cycle so some day we can all forget these damn things forever. O2 has become my go to and I am forever thankful for sites like this for really explaining it, I have gotten a set up that allows up to 15 LPM and get my fastest results at that level. Again, the Optimask was also very helpful and greatly reduced the times, needed. I do find my M-tanks won't hold 15L flow once down to one quarter of a tank, so I rotate that to the back and use it to taper at 7 or 8 LPM for a few mins. it reduces the hang-over type (re-bound?) I can some times experience. Sorry, kinda long winded, but I never used to post at all, guess I'm trying to make up for lost time.
Thanks again guys. Keep up the fight.
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2008 at 10:05am by B.Baer »  
Barry Baer  
IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #6 - Dec 21st, 2008 at 10:25am

Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on things.

Hope you can dump the MF soon.

PFD's
                       JPC

IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Reply #7 - Dec 21st, 2008 at 4:16pm

Welcome!  Make up for as much time as you want!  Sounds like a great set-up - glad you shared.  Smiley

Always here for a vent too.

Laurie   Smiley

This is enough already
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!