Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Merry Christmas (Read 1462 times)
MaxPayne
CH.com Veteran

x0|Oslo|Norway||0|0|
Merry Christmas
Dec 22nd, 2008 at 3:00am

Want to wish you all a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year! Thanks for all support, kind words and fun this year Wink

Robert

IP Logged

cyberone
CH.com Junior

melbourne, AUST
Re: Merry Christmas
Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 5:16am

thx and to you too...
thankfully i just finished a cluster a while ago so it will be merry....

but thinking of the TRUE meaning of xams makes me wonder
how so many ppl can still believe in any kind power that would inflict this on us....
but i think that a topic for a another thread....

i just wish everyone a good holiday and that the pain is ....well not to painful Smiley

IP Logged

Just Plain Carl
CH.com Old Timer

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reply #2 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 7:08am

Back at  ya Robert.

How  ya been?   missed having you around

All The Best Bud
                   JPC

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 7:20am

To you and yours...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

MaxPayne
CH.com Veteran

x0|Oslo|Norway||0|0|
Reply #4 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 7:39am

Carl- I am doing real good, right now I am cleaning out the house, bought the Christmas tree earlier today, gonna hit the stores later and get my x-mas beer Cheesy How are you doin'? Getting into the spirit(us) of Christmas? Done with all yer shopping?

/R

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #5 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 6:52pm

Merry Christmas, Robert.  Good to see you're doing well.

Best wishes,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #6 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 6:56pm

Merry Christmas Robert, and a happy, PF New year to you! Smiley

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #7 - Dec 25th, 2008 at 2:07am

Merry Christmas everyone!

For me, Christmas is about being with those whom I love. So even if I have a cluster today, it will still be an occasion to celebrate.

cyberone wrote on Dec 22nd, 2008 at 5:16am:
thx and to you too...
thankfully i just finished a cluster a while ago so it will be merry....

but thinking of the TRUE meaning of xams makes me wonder
how so many ppl can still believe in any kind power that would inflict this on us....
but i think that a topic for a another thread....

i just wish everyone a good holiday and that the pain is ....well not to painful Smiley

Well, this just may be my odd background... I mean my family is a mix of just about everything, many different denominations and my Grandfather (who raised me) believes in God AND practicies Buddhisim. So...

I believe everything that happens is for a reason. Either you are teaching someone, or someone is teaching you. Either you are learning a lesson, or growing from each experience somehow.

I've found I usually don't have any 'why' for what is happening to me at the moment, until later on.

Here's the one example I think illustrates it best.

I had my appendix rupture on me in a very nasty manner. Normally they get it out through laproscopy now before it ruptures. Mine had been ruptured for over 36 hours when it was removed.

So I wound up with a rather large scar on my belly. Maybe 4 inches or more long.

Two months later, I was in a children's hospital, in pre-op, waiting to have a lumbar puncture. I was 17, and another 17 year old was in the room with me. She was there to have her gallbladder out. She'd never had surgery before, and was scared to death.

When they told her if they couldn't get it out laproscopically, they would have to cut her open and it'd leave a 4-inch long scar, she started sobbing.

I waited for the doctors to leave the room and asked my Mom if I could show her MY scar. She said I could ask if she wanted to see.

So I went over, explained that I'd had my appendix out two months before, they had to cut me open, and if she wanted, she could see my scar. We had all of the males leave the room and I showed it to her, she asked if she could touch it, and I said sure.

Well, this calmed her down a lot. Once she saw that it wasn't as horrible as it sounded, and obviously didn't hurt me that badly, she was okay.

After that happened, I felt like that was part of the reason I had something THAT painful happen to me. It may not have been easy, but at that point? I considered what had happened to me a blessing. Only because I could help someone else from it. I got more from it than she did, by being able to offer her comfort.

She did fine, they didn't have to go in laproscopically, and thanked me profusely afterwards.

So while I don't know why I'm having the cluster headaches right now, MAYBE, just maybe, one day I'll be able to help someone BECAUSE I had them.

Maybe one day it'll be something that will grant me comfort in knowing I was able to help someone else.

Or, maybe right now, me being here on this board, I'll find someone who I can help and make a difference for... With a lot of other chronic illnesses, I've been able to help someone due to the fact I was suffering from the same thing... That doesn't mean I don't have a lot of "Why me?" Moment's, or  "Do you even exist? If you do, why are you letting me suffer? Haven't I suffered enough?" but, beyond them, I have hope...

Happy Holidays...

Mystina

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

cyberone
CH.com Junior

melbourne, AUST
Reply #8 - Dec 25th, 2008 at 5:52am

that is a really nice story Smiley
and it topped my xmas Smiley thx for sharing it.

IP Logged

JSCartier
CH.com Newbie

Pardon But has anyone
seen my brain ??

Kodak, TN
Reply #9 - Dec 25th, 2008 at 2:44pm

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all !

I hope that we each will have time for Family, Friends and new acquaintances this time of year.

Every one of you  have been wonderful to me and many others here on the boards and in RL, so I would like to take this time to thank you all.

Anyone Have a Spoon ??.. If i can just get the right eye out ..
JSCartier shonge@mac.com  
IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #10 - Dec 25th, 2008 at 4:36pm

Merry Christmas, everybody!  I send PF wishes to you all.  Wink
I don't know if I would have made it to the holidays without this board!!

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!