Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Long Nights (Read 2402 times)
Dark.Liberty
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

The Long Nights
Dec 31st, 2008 at 2:23am

The many sleepless nights are the least difficult thing to be a supporter of a chronic sufferer.

In the past four years, the first headache developed into a consistent nightly terror. She was hit by a car, we were crossing the street, holding hands, the light changed on us. Literally ripped out of my hands. She was diagnosed with post-concussive syndrome. MRIs and CAT scans eliminated out aneurism. The headaches started coming.

She hits her head with her fists and bedpost. She cries out to me to help her to do anything to stop it. All I can do is be close and remind her that I have not left her alone in the night. I still nearly always cry when she manages to fall asleep. We are working on O2 now that we've found this site. Shrooms help, five to ten days of remission.

You should see how happy she is in remission.

IP Logged

MidgetNMinx
CH.com Junior

My love is stronger then
his beast!

Grants Pass, OR
Re: The Long Nights
Reply #1 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 12:06pm

Smiley I'm so happy to hear that she is getting relief of any kind. Hopefully soon the beast will tuck it's tail and run for the hills. *Fingers crossed for you*

I know with RJ that the RC seeds and O2 are all that has given him his life back. Here's hoping the O2 will make the final difference for you both as well.

Smiley again because they help me and they are free. I don't know where I'd be with RJ's beast if not for this site. These people are true heroes to me and many others.

Best wishes for more PF time in your home and a Happy New Year as well,

Minxy

There is no such thing as I know enough!
midgetnminx  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 2:35pm

Dammit that's tough. Chin up, heels down. Wish I could help more.
all the best
the bb

IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Reply #3 - Jan 2nd, 2009 at 5:57pm

Smiley  I know that hurt.  She's lucky to have you - and I'm so glad to hear she finds some periods of relief, no matter how brief!

Laurie

This is enough already
IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #4 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 1:12pm

Sounds like your sufferer has a great supporter.  That's really all we can do is be there for them when they need us.

Keep after it and I'm happy to hear that you have found something that works.

All the best to the both of you  Kiss

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

on my knees
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 19th, 2009 at 10:41am

i have said this many times, as a chronic supporters are our everything. stick with her. talk to her when she is pain free to find out how she wants you to help. o2 is a nescessity.
all hail the the mighty and strong supporters.

IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Sponsor

www.mosaicwench.com

Near Milwaukee WI, USA
Reply #6 - Jan 19th, 2009 at 1:27pm

From one supporter to another, stay strong and take care of yourself.   This will end someday.  The pain free days will be more frequent than the painful ones.  This will not kill her (or you).

That mantra is all that keeps me going sometimes.

We're here - always.  You (and she) are not alone anymore.Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
~Flaubert
WWW http://www.facebook.com/home.php?id=1240423960&ref Mosaicwench  
IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #7 - Jan 19th, 2009 at 7:08pm

Dark.Liberty wrote on Dec 31st, 2008 at 2:23am:
All I can do is be close and remind her that I have not left her alone in the night.

Thank you for this.  Knowing we are not alone in the fight makes it a little easier to keep going.  Even when all our focus is on the pain in the moment.

*hugs*

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!