Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
hello fellow temple punchers (Read 3851 times)
dances with beasts
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

hello fellow temple punchers
Jan 27th, 2009 at 4:06am

Hi everyone,
my name is Kenny Lewis. I'm a 24 year old South GA resident. I've been fighting the beast since I was 12! Like many others I thought I was all alone with this crippling pain. I went many years without ever knowing what was wrong with me. In fact only three years ago I first learned there was a term for it.......CLUSTER!!!!!!!! Just seeing that word spelled out makes me cringe a little!
            I actually went to a couple of optometrists as a kid only to learn that I had allergy eyes and the pain I was experiencing was just coming from the crust that was building up on my eylids, thus scratching the eyeball. They said it seemed to be more present in my right eye and kindly dismissed me......But not without that eighty dollar bottle of miracle drops that was gonna make me all better!  Yeah right..........I spent the next few years explaining to my parents that this was not just a "scratched" sensation I was experiencing. I remember thinking how much it sucked to not be able to ever fully expess just how much pain I was going through to all the "non-cluterheads"!  People would always recommend their favorite headache meds, telling me how much they worked for them! I would always nod agreeably, knowing I had at one time or another taken everything that could be purchased at the local grocery store, only to find that it did nothing more than dissolve in my stomach while I waited for an additional 1 to 3 hours for my cluster to subside on its own time and terms.
           Then one day (bout 3 yrs ago) my beautiful girlfriend and I went on one of our weekly excursions to the Goodwill. And wouldn't you know it, minutes before actually entering I began to feel the old recognizable Beast beginning his glorius delivery of sweet agony!!! I went straight to the furniture section not wanting to cut my girlfriend's excursion short, as I had done so many times before. But she's a a smart, observant girl and had no trouble in discovering that I was about to begin my ritualistic dance of beating my scull and begging GOD to please take the pain away. Fed up with seeing me hurt and not being able do anything she went straight to the literature section. There she found, or God showed her I should say, a book about all the different types of headaches. I think it was simply entitled, Headaches. Some sort of medical practitioners text or something. She skimmed through the pages landing on a page that said in big bold letters: CLUSTER HEADACHES. After reading what she had found she rushed over to me, where I was now searching for anything I could possibly stab into my brain and end it all right there in the Goodwill! She said in her calm yet wise tone, "I really think you should sit down and read this".  I thought yeah right.....I really feel like sitting down and straining my tear filled eyes on some fine print right now!  Moments after reading the symptoms, for the first time in my life, I thought wow thats exactly what I'm feeling! It went on to explain how rare this condition was, affecting some 1 in 1000 people. I remember thinking, oh my God there are others going through this $hi+!!! For some time up until that point I was pretty certain that I probably had a brain tumor or something and that I would never be able to afford the MRI to prove or disprove this theory.  But today, I now know that I'm a clusterhead. Between reading that book and all the stories and posts I have found here, I don't have any doubts! Now if we could only find a promising cure to make us normal I think our lives would improve greatly! Thank you all so much for listening and more importantly thanks for understanding.    
                   Dances with Beasts

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
hello fellow temple punchers
Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2009 at 9:39am

This Topic was moved here from Editing Your Profiles by Melissa.

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: hello fellow temple punchers
Reply #2 - Jan 27th, 2009 at 9:50am

Welcome to the board!!! Yeah, you're not crazy and you're not alone anymore. Now lets figure out what we can do to help you. Read the link on the left, oxygen info. It's cheap and I can abort an attack in 6-8 minutes with just 02. Worth a shot.

For now go buy a couple of energy type drinks, rock star, monster, any containing the combo of caffeine and taurine. Slam one down at the first sign of an attack. Many can abort ot at least substantially reduce the intensity of a hit using them. Some keep open cans in the fridge so they go flat and are easier to chug.

Read, read, read. Knowledge is your best weapon against the beast. You have much reading to do!

Welcome home.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

UnderTheRadar
CH.com Old Timer

Literally

Texas
Reply #3 - Jan 27th, 2009 at 2:04pm

Welcome home, friend.  Quite a serendipitous find at Goodwill!  And what an INCREDIBLE girlfriend you have! she can get support as a supporter here, too.  So welcome to both of you.

Oxygen is great, and there's the "synergy" herbal mix that has helped lots, and of course the clusterbusters.com method has been highly effective for many folks too.  Just keep reading and learning.
-Paige

Remember- double-line the foil, shiny side out.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #4 - Jan 27th, 2009 at 3:33pm

Thanks Paige...that was totally my bad overlooking the supporter! Give her a hug for me and thank her for sticking with you through this. She might want to register on the board and hang out in the supporters section. Our supporters are gold!!!!

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #5 - Jan 27th, 2009 at 4:45pm

"Temple Punchers"  Now there's a new one.   Grin

Welcome Kenny.

Linda
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2009 at 4:47pm by Linda_Howell »  

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

GatorScott
CH.com Newbie

Go Gators!

Orlando, FL
Reply #6 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 12:30pm

Goodwill?  Go figure!  That's got to take the cake for "most unique place to have the lightbulb go off!"

Welcome Kenny.  Lots of "experts" to learn from here, so read until you can't read any more.  And if you are able, get yourself to a neurologist who can give you an official CH diagnosis.

Wishing you pain-free days ahead...

Scott

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!