Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Javi from sunny Spain (Read 904 times)
Javi
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Spain
Javi from sunny Spain
Jan 27th, 2009 at 4:54am

Name is Javi, I am an episodic sufferer, normally getting up to 4 hits per day during daytime only (very seldom at nightime).

This thing started about ten years ago and I must have had maybe 5 cycles so far lasting one month each (I guess I am a lucky one). By the way I used to visit Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register a few years ago, but I cannot find my old nickname (it used to be "javi spain", it must have been deleted)

I am very averse to taking meds, having a frightening family history of cardiac arrest I will only resort to Inmitrex (or other blood vessel constraining chemicals ) if absolutely everything else has failed.

I am currently in the middle of a cycle, I am using solely kudzu to attempt to control it (it seems to reduce the intensity of the attacks somewhat) and I am not planning to take anything else if I can manage.

For the rest, life is good, I am still young, married and otherwise healthy.

Thanks a lot for keeping this site alive!

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Re: Javi from sunny Spain
Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2009 at 8:41am

I believe I may have responded to your original post way back when because I remember you.  Glad the kudzu has helped.  Welcome again.

Quote:
For the rest, life is good, I am still young, married and otherwise healthy.

Alright!

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #2 - Jan 27th, 2009 at 9:49am

Two articles which outline current therapies. In the first one, look for "olanzapine" (Zyrexa is the brand name in the US).

A number of us have had excellent response using it to abort attacks and it does not, to my knowledge, have any effects which would make it a threat to your heart history.
----------------

HERE ARE TWO MAJOR DOCUMENTS WITH RECOMMENDED TREATMENTS FOR CLUSTER HEADACHE, ONE FROM A U.S. PHYSICIAN, THE SECOND FROM EUROPE.
Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive and surgical treatments for CH. Written by one of the better headache docs in the U.S.  (2002. Rozen)
================
Treatment guidelines from Europe

------
A. May, M. Leone, J. Áfra, M. Linde, P. S. Sándor, S. Evers, P. J. Goadsby:
EFNS guidelines on the treatment of cluster headache and other
trigeminalautonomic cephalalgias.
European Journal of Neurology. 2006; 13: 1066–1077.

Download free full text:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
(Thanks to "cluster" for link.)

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Jan 27th, 2009 at 9:53am

Welcome back Javi..........have you tried oxygen? Very effective and no risky side effects for your heart. Sorry you're back in cycle, glad you're back on the board.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!