Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hey all old hand new cycle, curious (Read 1319 times)
guitardude
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Hey all old hand new cycle, curious
Jan 29th, 2009 at 10:30am

A few months ago someone told me about a new nasal spray that was showing some success. It was  ( or so im told) specifically designed for CH sufferers. Anybody heard of this new "miracle, ha ha " or is it just another expensive dead end? 22 yrs with the devil and Ive tried it all...... any feedeback would be appreciated, thanks and good luck to all. I hope you all go out of cycle soon,,,, GD Smiley

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Re: Hey all old hand new cycle, curious
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 10:34am

To my knowledge, there are not any medications made specifically for cluster headache sufferers.

There are nasal spray meds for migraine users that cluster headache sufferers use though.  i.e. Imitrex and Zomig

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

guitardude
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 10:40am

Yeah thats what suprised me too, but I was told this last summer zomig is worthless and imitrex isnt much better than the headache plus out of my price range. shit, guess  i need to go kicking through the cowshit for some fungus............ Undecided

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 10:45am

guitardude wrote on Jan 29th, 2009 at 10:40am:
Yeah thats what suprised me too, but I was told this last summer zomig is worthless and imitrex isnt much better than the headache plus out of my price range. shit, guess  i need to go kicking through the cowshit for some fungus............ Undecided

I would not rule out trying something that has not worked for one person.  I have used the imitrex nasal spray in the past with success in aborting an attack in 15 minutes myself. 

Do you have Oxygen?  Please click on the link oxygen info to the left of your screen and read up on it if you do not.

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
IP Logged

guitardude
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 10:52am

yeah, done the oxygin, done the imitrex, prednizone, ergot, sansert, and some others that i cant even remember, like I said 22 yrs, three or 4 quacks, had one neuro who told me they would just try different meds till they found one that worked and then they would know whats wrong, im luckier than most as mine only hit every yr or2 but to be honest, Ive given up on Dr.s,,,,,,,, just takin my money, running brain scans that show nothing and given me crap that doesnt work. (sigh) maybe someday..... hey thanks for the replies anyway.

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #5 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 10:58am

Many who have tried O2 in the past and not had it work for them, try it again with a new cycle with a proper mask and a higher flow rate, have had it end up working for them (again, I'm one of them also).

I don't mean to sound redundant, but I urge you to rethink O2.  It is possible to aquire it without the assistance of a doctor, as many here use welders O2.

Good luck,
mel

IP Logged

guitardude
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 11:43am

OK M I will check it out, thanks............. Smiley

IP Logged

GatorScott
CH.com Newbie

Go Gators!

Orlando, FL
Reply #7 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 12:44pm

GD-

I read some interesting stuff yesterday on the BB about an herbal approach.  Might be something to look into.  Here's the link to Killowatt3's thread:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Best of luck.

Scott

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!