Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
17 with cluster headaches (Read 8973 times)
Taylor
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

17 with cluster headaches
Feb 11th, 2009 at 12:05pm

I am 17 years old and in my junior year of school. up until this year ive been a great student. but now im never there... i cant even get out of bed in the mornings to go to school, i am usually puking or in the hospital getting a shot.

I have never experienced a pain like this, these headaches have been effecting me since October. I have always been prone to migranes, but my last trip to the ER i was diagnosed with cluster headaches.

I am scared for myself because I can't have a life, I have tried every medication possible and have been accused of drug seeking. I am not that kind of girl. I am a cheerleader and dancer, in almost every club in school and in NHS, I am not one of them people that just like to get high off drugs. I hate not being able to control my body, including my headaches.

I just want someone to help me. I can't keep living like this.. My head hurts and I am falling way behind in school and my teachers do not understand.

IP Logged

Jimi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't feed the moderators

Madisonville, KY
Re: 17 with cluster headaches
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 2:46pm

OK Taylor.........try and relax. First of all tell us about the headache. How long does it last? Do you get more than one a day? Do they come at any certain time? Are they one sided or does your nose stop up on the same side. What have you taken thus far?

We have had them for years. There are things out there that can help you live a normal life.

Welcome to the head bangers club. Smiley

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ Hendrix1473  
IP Logged

Felicia
CH.com Old Timer

You can never change me.

Daytona Beach, FL, USA
Reply #2 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 4:19pm

Help is here Taylor. I'm Felicia but everyone usually just calls me Broken. I'm also 17 and have been supporting my dad since I was 7. I know what you're going through in a way. Don't be scared. I promise you that it will be ok. You will find a place with this life one way or another. I'm just going to get to the point. I'm here if you want to talk, cry, bitch, rant, etc. That's what I do here. I'm the cluster"kid" welcome wagon. I have email and IM if that's easier, don't be afraid to talk to me. I just want to help. Answer as many questions as you can and listen to the people here. They know what they're doing. Trust me. If there's any questions you have, don't be afraid to ask. We're here to help. Can't really say much more. Welcome home and we're always here.

Broken

I won't let myself down even if it means I can't make you proud. Its my life I gotta do what I feel is right. No one can stop me now. This clusterhead child is gonna show the world how
Felicia They.Call.Me.Alice little_black_flame@yahoo.com  
IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #3 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 4:24pm

Hi Taylor!

My name is Jeannie and I have had CH since I was ten.  I know that things seem really bad right now but  believe me, things will get better. You have been diagnosed and know what you are dealing with.   Tell us all you can about your HAs and we will do everything we can to help you.  As Jimi said, there are lots of things that can help you lead a normal life.   Every person here is living proof of that!

Maybe tell your mom about this site so we can help her help you.  Hang in there, honey.  We really do understand your pain and your worries.

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

on my knees
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 14th, 2009 at 9:41am

hi sweetie:
first you have done the right thing by posting  we are here to help you,
broken is your age and can relate to you so please use that rescource.
read all you can on this , knowledge is power.  please find a (good) neurologist to help. please tell us about you headaches and medicine your one and have tried  this is very important before we can really help.   till then go get an energy drink and chug it when you get a hit and use an ice pack or heat pack whatever feels good to you,
we are her for you sweetie just hang on to us. Cry

IP Logged

Kilroy 2.0
CH.com Sponsor

Kilroy 2. is Here! Kilroy
2. is Everywhere!

Madison,WI
Reply #5 - Apr 8th, 2009 at 4:32pm

Hi,

My son is 17 and has CH. We have him in online school so that the can work at his own pace and when he is able. I am not sure were you live but maybe there is something like that available in your area. It has been very helpful for my son.

Good luck Kiss
Gena

Do the walls speak to you? Do you follow the Geek Messiah? DO YOU COMPLY?!
http://www.facebook.com/Killroy2.0?ref=profile gmlevenhagen  
IP Logged

Solen
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Poland
Reply #6 - Apr 15th, 2009 at 5:18pm

Hi Taylor,
I am about your age (18 for one month) and I was also lately diagnosed with cluster headaches. Have you talked with your teachers and explained to them what does your illness mean? I think that it is a good way to solve few things out. Have you got some meds? Please and read about oxygen it really helps, or water x3 because it may also help. Actually, read some info on the message board - I found them really helpful.

And remember, don't give up! Everything will be just fine. Just as George told me when I had a breakdown. We are true fighters (I dare to add.. gladiators). There is no way that you will give up, I know it.

If you want to ask some questions or just to talk, contact with me through PM or MSN.

And, when I shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night
And pay no worship to the garish sun.
Solen bandfarewell  
IP Logged

chopper922
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #7 - Jul 22nd, 2010 at 3:35am

Hi there !
I'm 18 and suffer from that beast for 6 years already...
Like the others said, be happy that finally you've been diagnosed so now you know what you dealing with.Personally i was suffering for 5 and a half years before being diagnosed with CH and getting the right pills... for 5 and a half yeras i took all the pills that said "pain relief" and none of them helped...lol now thats a bitch huh ? Grin
I went through JR high and high school with CH, i literally fought myself to get up in the morning and go to school while having a headache.And from some stupid reason i never told the teachers that i suffer from CH...
remember !!! having a CH makes YOU a FIGHTER so be STRONG ! and fight it back by learning about it and what can kill it. Dont give it up because there are ways to live almost normal life !
we are a community and we are here to help each other ! Smiley

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #8 - Aug 9th, 2010 at 11:22pm

chopper922 wrote on Jul 22nd, 2010 at 3:35am:
Hi there !
! having a CH makes YOU a FIGHTER so be STRONG ! and fight it back by learning about it and what can kill it. Dont give it up because there are ways to live almost normal life !
we are a community and we are here to help each other ! Smiley

amen to that. its easier when you can interact with another clusterhead. i never had that growing up and it sucked. and those teenage years are tough even if you dont have ch right Grin

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

gardengal
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|oskaloosa|USA||0|0|
Reply #9 - Jul 23rd, 2011 at 7:26pm

Hi ! I too started having clusters at 17. Have you printed off the letter to give people to help them understand?

IP Logged

Jordyn
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Battle Creek
Reply #10 - Aug 14th, 2011 at 5:01pm

Hey there. I know exactly what you're going through. I'm 15, and I'll be a junior this coming up school year. I also play softball, but when I play, the headaches just get worse. I get my ch on the left side behind my eye, my nose plugs up, and I lose vision in my right eye. The only help I've found for my chs is going to the er. I don't know what else to do for them. It's hard balancing my life when I don't know when a headache is just going to pop up out of the blue. I'm new, but if you ever need to talk, I'm here.

IP Logged

ashrod88
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #11 - Jun 23rd, 2012 at 8:49pm

Hello!

I started getting my ch when I was in the 3rd grade. I remember in high school the nurses would know me by name because everyday I was in the nurses office suffering with a headache at the same time everyday. It got so bad that they told me to not come to school until after I get over my headache. It took 7 years for me to get properly diagnosed but once they did I was able to lead a perfectly normal high school life. What helped me to get diagnosed is that I had an attack at my Dr appt and he noticed the symptoms. It does eventually get better so hang in there!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!