Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
daily imitrex??? (Read 649 times)
AgentOrange
Ex Member

daily imitrex???
Jul 16th, 2009 at 6:58pm

hey everyone im a chronic cluster headache sufferer, and currently im undercontrol pain free since 6-11 steroids and lithium verapamil

this isnt about me but a young lady i met who just started to get headaches i figure shes 20 or so

i havent asked her to many questions abput her headaches i work with her and a co owkrer mentioned something about her headaches

what i do know is this . . . they last for 45 mins to 4 hrs, everynight, about the same time

the doctor she is seeing claims she gets migraines and has her taking an imitrex pill twice a day, lowest dose available, as a preventative

im not a doctor but that doesnt seem to be a good idea for treatment, and what it kinda sounds like is she has CH

i dont know her very well the only thing i ive talked to her about was her headaches.

i know daily imitrex is bad and will cause worse more frequent headaches over long term use and become less effective.

knowing that imtrex is the life saver and the last resort to us who have o2 and well who have been properly diagnosed

i want to help this girl because well i have felt her pain and i think her med regimine is wrong and shes been mis diagnosed

any tips or helpful hint to tell someone u dont know to seek better help????

IP Logged

Iddy
CH.com Alumnus

Smile

Toronto,Canada
Re: daily imitrex???
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2009 at 8:03pm

Turn her on to our savior site!

Have her take the CH quiz and read up on all the info that is at her finger tips.

That's why it's here Smiley

Walk in Peace

"If you can, help others, if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." Dalai Lama

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2009 at 8:09pm

Wish I had a first name to call you by.

First of all, I am totally impressed that you are taking the time to try to figure this condition of ours out.   way to go and a high-five to you!!!!

if she has Migraines we can't really help her here.  Can you tell her to come here and post under yours?  If she has cluster headaches and her Dr. told her she has Migraines, she  needs to find a new Dr.  Us women have been told that from day one even when what we presented with, wasn't Migraine symptoms at all.

if you are a CH sufferer then you KNOW that a low-dose Imtrex tablet isn't the most up to date treatment there is.  

Asvice?  Tell her about your headaches.  Tell her you care and send her here.

Linda

« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2009 at 9:00pm by Linda_Howell »  

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Jul 16th, 2009 at 8:28pm

Good on you for caring enough to help the poor girl. The poor female CH'ers like Linda were told for years and years that only men got CH, tall, orange peeled skin, rugged outdoorsy men with lionesque features.....I kid you not that was all part of the medical diagnosis!!!!

A knowledgeable neuro is a big first step. Do try to push her this way, have her take the cluster quiz, see if we can help her out.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!