Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thanks to all... and some questions. (Read 700 times)
hoeboe
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|kitchener|Canada|canada|379|408|ON,Ontario
Thanks to all... and some questions.
Jul 17th, 2009 at 5:25pm

First of all I would just like to send out a HUGE thank you to all of your posting about treatments, and experiences in the journey to be PF!

I have learned much over the last 2-3 years from this board that I can now school my doctor on it!  LOL.  I find that there is very little I can learn from him and being I live in Canada it is impossible to get another one.  It's just great that he listens to what I want to do and goes with it.

I had tried many different drugs before coming here to find the truth.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of your help!

My CH's started about 15 years ago and for at least 12 of those years I would ride out the pain each and everyone with NOTHING!  I still can't believe that I did that, 'cause thinking of it now I just can't believe I didn't shoot myself.

2 years ago I got a script for O2 which was my BLESSING!  As many have said before it its their #1 abortive.  I have never had a time since I have been using O2 that it didn't take the HA away....until 3 days ago.  I sucked on the mask at full LPM (must be 30plus LPM, since the flow goes 3 times what the gauge shows) fro 20 minutes and it was just getting worse.  I turned the O2 off and rode the dragon for 15 minutes and then went back on the mask.  It took another 10 minutes before it was bearable again.

Question:  Does O2 "always" abort for you if you catch the CH quick?

I had been contemplating for awhile to try HBWR seeds but was hesitant because of the possible tripping effect.  Well I broke down that day that the O2 didn't work and ordered the seeds from Ethno Botanicals on expedited service.  They came yesterday and I cut the seeds and extracted the meat of 3.  Let them sit in a shot glass of water and lemon juice for 2hrs before partaking.

The outcome was that I still got 4 CH's last night but not near as bad as the night before.  Not sure if it was coincidence or if the seeds actually helped.

Question:  Those who have used seeds, did it take a few doses before things started to turn around?

Question:  Was 3 seeds enough for an episodic?

Question:  If things are no better tonight should I wait the 5 days to dose again or should I possibly go again?

Thanks so much for everyone's help here.  I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have this place to come and read.

Cheers
Hoeboe

IP Logged

Iddy
CH.com Alumnus

Smile

Toronto,Canada
Re: Thanks to all... and some questions.
Reply #1 - Jul 17th, 2009 at 9:38pm

Oxygen only works if you are using it properly.

Have you read the oxygen link?

If you want to find a good Nuerologist in TO, send me a PM and I will hook you up with a good one who accepts new patients

Can't answer your other questions.

All the best Iddy

Walk in Peace

"If you can, help others, if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." Dalai Lama

IP Logged

gizmo
CH.com Hall of Famer

Germany
Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2009 at 2:50am

Quote:
Question:  Does O2 "always" abort for you if you catch the CH quick?

It doesn't always work for me - but the same goes for Imitrex.

Check the clusterbusters site regarding your other questions.

IP Logged

tommyD
CH.com Hall of Famer

Anything not impossible
is compulsory.

Pennsylvania
Reply #3 - Jul 18th, 2009 at 8:16am

The quick answer to each of your three questions about HBWR seeds is "yes."  It does generally take two, three or more doses, three seeds are probably enough, and you should wait five days between doses for best effect.

And, indeed, read the clusterbuster site carefully and thoroughly.

-tommyD

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!