Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Internasal nerve blocks (Read 837 times)
Mat
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Internasal nerve blocks
Nov 6th, 2009 at 3:31pm

I have had the last two cycles broken with these, the first of the two took about 4 or 5 visits to break the cycle which  had been pretty severe and long, almost a year, when the last cycle started I went back to the pain clinic and it only took one. I was considered intractable and even was accepted at the mayo clinic with a referral for an ONSI implant. The clinic visits cost around $300 per visit and with insurance my copay is $30 bucks. I'd rather lay on a table with some Q-tips crammed up my nose than thousands on tratments that "might" work.

Moral to the story is...don't discount the old school treatments, they may not work for everybody but you won't know until you try. Thank you and have a WONDERFUL day...

IP Logged

chrisw
CH.com Old Timer

x0|turnersville|NJ,USA
Re: Internasal nerve blocks
Reply #1 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 8:50pm

Mat,  Glad they worked for you, but i had that done years ago and it didnt work at  all.

chrisw

christine neville weaver  
IP Logged

MJ
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1||USA|usa|299|85|MN
Re: Internasal nerve blocks
Reply #2 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 9:41pm

Intranasal contact points can both aggravate and mimic CH.
Pretty cool to get relief.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I had read an article some time ago that suggested a surgery to further separate or correct these nasal contact points that appeared to benefit maybe 1 in 10 clusterheads.
Though I'm certainly not reccomending a surgery but if this helps it may be worth looking at

MJ

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!