Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
first time oxygen user (Read 1742 times)
Jahras
CH.com Newbie

Potomac, MD
first time oxygen user
Nov 20th, 2009 at 12:09pm

I just got my oxygen tank today, a big daddy, over a 1,000 liters.  Only problem is, the fastest regulator i can get goes up to 10 liters per minute.  I'm told that there are no regulators in Jordan (where i'm living) that go higher.  I've read the oxygen info page on this website in its entirety.  i keep reading the 'minimum of 15 liters/minute' and am wondering if i'll be wasting my time (and prolonging the pain) by trying with a 10l/m regulator. 
Any thoughts?
thanks!

IP Logged

Weatherman
CH.com Veteran

Beat the Beast!

Charlotte, NC
Re: first time oxygen user
Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2009 at 5:35pm

Congrats on getting the O2. Very good! That's step 1. Now you need to get that higher power regulator. But do try the 10lpm regulator first. Some have found that works for them. Maybe more important is making sure you have the right mask. It crucial to use only a "nonrebreather" mask. These ensure you get only 100% O2.
So, can you buy products online and get delivery to Jordan? If so, it should be fairly easy to find the right mask and regulator you need.

The point of the journey is not to arrive.

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 20th, 2009 at 5:58pm

Do try the 10 lpm regulator - some people are quite happy with that flow.

Countries other than the USA have different fittings/threads on their O2 tanks. read up on what style yours has before trying to adapt anything. I'm sure that it can be done, but do your homework first.

In the mean time, try what you have!

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #3 - Nov 20th, 2009 at 6:04pm

Here's hoping you can order a high LPM regulator online, and that the 10 LPM can do something for you in the meantime (I would go ahead and try 10 LPM if I were you).

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

Dallas Denny 62
CH.com Old Timer

Semper Fi !!!!

Island Bayou Mushroom Farm
Reply #4 - Nov 20th, 2009 at 6:39pm

10 lpm works for me on all but the worst hits.  During the cycle previous to the one that just ended a few day ago for me I was even knocking out alot of hits at 10 without a non rebreather mask.  However, it did take longer and this last cycle I was able to get a non rebreather and could really tell the difference in the overall severity of the cycle.  Hope this helps and good luck.

Wishing you PFDAN's

Dallas Denny

I am lost and have gone to find myself....if you should see me before I get back....please ask me to wait until I return!!

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #5 - Nov 20th, 2009 at 7:41pm

Congrats on the o2. Give the 10 lpm reg a try, you have nothing to lose but the pain. the sooner you get on it, the shorter the abort time.
Good luck!

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

itotka
CH.com Old Timer

Oxygen

Budapest|Solar System
Reply #6 - Nov 20th, 2009 at 9:08pm

Step by step. You have more than 70 % chance that 10 LPM works. Try it first.
If you  know the type of connection (and it's 'USA' CGA 540 or 870) you can buy a bigger one on eBay.
I ordered a 40 LPM 'Hungarian' regulator from a Chinese manufacturer just now. They have all kinds of connectors if Jordan use an exotic type.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW itotka  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!