Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Topamax and antibiotcs (Read 1231 times)
JHK07
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Topamax and antibiotcs
Jan 12th, 2010 at 9:34pm

Been on Topamax (generic) since June along w/ zero caffeine and have had very good results keeping beast at bay.  Have had some shadows here and there, but nothing to complain about. Wife has commented a few times about "good thing your on meds, you'd be having a good one tonight, your eye is all red and droppy".  But nothing ever happens.
   Started some Biaxin friday Jan 8th. 500mg 2x a day.  For an upper respitory infection i reackon.  Anyway tonight after work I feel  the beast coming on... scares the sheeite out of me.  I pop a hydrocodeine, which I don't abuse; and after about 10 minutes the beast leaves.  Never got above level 3.   
   Has anyone ever associated antibiotics and beast?  I take both topamax and Biaxin at same time in evening.  One of side effects of Biaxin is a headache.... But this was the beast.   jhk

IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus

One of Many and Never
Alone - Join OUCH

x1|Madison WI USA
Re: Topamax and antibiotcs
Reply #1 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 7:06am

I know when my immune system is low with a cold or flu I get hit really hard and heavy.  I can only imagine you are going through something similar.  I started out also taking hydrocodone to lessen the kip10's then advanced to methadone then on to fentanyl patches.  This is not the route you want to go if you can avoid it.   However, you will eventually build up a tollerance to what you are taking and the beast will find your address.  Not to mention highly addictive.  I would highly recomend that you try oxygen like yesterday.  There is a link to the left on "oxygen info".  It will tell you what you need to get set up and how to use it. 
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2010 at 7:08am by Karla »  

Karla&&suffer chronic ch &&ch.com groupie since 1999&&Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Karlak_1313  
IP Logged

JHK07
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 7:22am

Karla, I am one of the few rare people that actually get some relief from aspirin, ibuprophen over the years(lots of them(:>(  ).  The Hydro script was wrote in June for like 20 pills, I have over half left.  I have not been taking any aspirin or ibuprophen either.  I got on the topamax after the over the counter stuff quit working for me.  Actually, it did not work, it just gave me some relief.  I am aware of the O2. Not ready for it yet.  Last 6 months have been real good.

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #3 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 12:33pm

JHK07 wrote on Jan 13th, 2010 at 7:22am:
Karla, I am one of the few rare people that actually get some relief from aspirin, ibuprophen over the years(lots of them(:>(  ).  The Hydro script was wrote in June for like 20 pills, I have over half left.  I have not been taking any aspirin or ibuprophen either.  I got on the topamax after the over the counter stuff quit working for me.  Actually, it did not work, it just gave me some relief.  I am aware of the O2. Not ready for it yet.  Last 6 months have been real good.

You're not ready for Oxygen yet?  That's bad brain thinking.

Potter

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!