Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
mushrooms and imitrex (Read 6615 times)
twistedmuscle
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

mushrooms and imitrex
Sep 18th, 2009 at 5:00pm

Hi,

I have had success in the past using mushrooms as an abortive treatment.  Due to a long work schedule, it took me a few days after the first signs of my cycle returning before I was able to use the mushrooms.  I did it twice this week, once on Monday and once last night (Thursday).  I'm still having headaches and wonder if I can use Imitrex or if it will ruin the chances of the mushrooms working for this cycle?    Oxygen is difficult for me because I'm rarely at home.  I'm confused about what to do.  Any guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Stuart

IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Stevens Point USA Wisconsin
Re: mushrooms and imitrex
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 6:00pm

You'll want to read over at

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Everything about that is right over there.

"The goal of life living in agreement with Nature."  ~Zeno
peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 8:23pm

Stuart,

You can get O2 in portable size. E-tanks are what most of us use. Just under 2' tall. Can't take them on the airlines though.

Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #3 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 9:05am

Well I know you're not suppose to have anything in you before you dose, but i'm not sure about after.  Do what Redd suggested.  Search in clusterbusters.  I'm detoxing of Imitrex right now to do another seed dose tomorrow night.  I needed trex to get through the work week.  I would suggest O2 if you can get it.  I'm having trouble at the moment getting O2 so I have been fighting the beast out with exercise, energy drinks and ice until i'm done dosing with seeds.
This cycle has been the easiest ever and I owe all my thanks to the seeds and clusterbusters. Smiley

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

twistedmuscle
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 11:45am

Thanks guys!  I have done oxygen before and it helped but never got the small tanks. My inlaws are in town for the weekend and I would rather not do another mushroo
dose, although they understand why I use them...  I think I'm going to finish the cycle out with the imitrex and oxygen.

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #5 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 4:15pm

twistedmuscle wrote on Sep 19th, 2009 at 11:45am:
..  I think I'm going to finish the cycle out with the imitrex and oxygen....

If your cycles are anything like mine, you'll wanna be on a preventative also.

Mine build intensity - the first week it is "easy" to abort the hits, then by week 3 or so they're coming in strong and 10 hits a day that I have to abort with hi LPM O2/imitrex. That's if my preventative isn't (Neuronitn) kicking in yet, which it wasn't this cycle.

Now the Neurontin seems to be working and the need for O2/imitrex is lessening some. This will save me if keeps up, as a preventative might save you.

Or maybe the mushrooms will have set the stage for a "milder" cycle for you....?

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

twistedmuscle
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 9:58pm

[/quote]

Or maybe the mushrooms will have set the stage for a "milder" cycle for you....?

[/quote]
That's what I'm hoping for!

Thanks!

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #7 - Sep 21st, 2009 at 12:44am

twistedmuscle wrote on Sep 19th, 2009 at 11:45am:
Thanks guys!  I have done oxygen before and it helped but never got the small tanks. My inlaws are in town for the weekend and I would rather not do another mushroo
dose, although they understand why I use them...  I think I'm going to finish the cycle out with the imitrex and oxygen.

you can use the o2 with the shrooms. the use of trex with probably cancel out the shrooms. i've always gotten the permanent results from busting a few weeks after the treatment
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2009 at 12:48am by -johnny- »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Monika
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Tehachapi, CA
Reply #8 - Jan 12th, 2010 at 2:29am

Since we are on this topic,

I really need an answer to this one... I'm here cause my brother is experiencing the clusterheadaches and he's been taking imitrex (sumatriptan) for almost a week.. like 2 a day.. he is going to start LSD but since he got an attack today he took sumatriptan and now I dont think he can take LSD since I've been reading that it usually stops the help of LSD.. Sad

He's gettin g really desperate and im curiuos... how long should he wait before he takes the LSD now? 24 hours since he took imitrex? or what?

Also, if he starts doing LSD, if by some chance after some time of taking lsd my brother would take imitrex.. would that mess up the progress with lsd?

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #9 - Jan 12th, 2010 at 6:31am

Monika wrote on Jan 12th, 2010 at 2:29am:

I really need an answer to this one... I'm here cause my brother is experiencing the clusterheadaches and he's been taking imitrex (sumatriptan) for almost a week.. like 2 a day.. he is going to start LSD but since he got an attack today he took sumatriptan and now I dont think he can take LSD since I've been reading that it usually stops the help of LSD.. Sad

He's gettin g really desperate and im curiuos... how long should he wait before he takes the LSD now? 24 hours since he took imitrex? or what?

Also, if he starts doing LSD, if by some chance after some time of taking lsd my brother would take imitrex.. would that mess up the progress with lsd?

This is the hardest part about dosing on any of the hallucinogens.  Meaning, taking a couple of hits for the detox to take place.  You'll need to detox from triptans for the most effectiveness of the LSD.

Here's a good old copy and past job from Clusterbusters.  I suggest you save and read everything on that site.

4.1.2 Possible inhibitors

There are some medications which may interfere with psilocybin (and LSD):

* anti-convulsants or anti-epileptic medications such as Neurontin(gabapentin) and Topamax(topiramate). The exact mechanism by which topiramate works, for example, is still unknown, so it is impossible to even guess whether or not it will interfere with psilocybin.
    * medications which are either synthetic analogs of certain hormones or which regulate hormone production: Prednisone and Synthroid, for example. There is no direct evidence to suggest that these drugs will interact with psilocybin, but hormones have a very complex and inter-related effect on numerous body systems. We have seen a few reports suggesting that thyroid levels play a part in cluster headaches
    * tranquilizers and mood-altering medications such as Xanax, Valium, Prozac and Wellbutrin.
    * Ondansetron (Zofran) and Compazine (prochlorperazine)

* * Imitrex (and associated triptans):
      Based upon many reports, triptans are one of the most likely medications to block the clusterbusting effects of psychedelics. In our opinion, they should be avoided both before, during and after, beginning psychedelic treatments for clusters.

1. sumatriptan (Imitrex®, Imigran®) injections
   2. sumatriptan (Imitrex®, Imigran®) tablets
   3. zolmitriptan (Zomig®) tablets
   4. sumatriptan (Imitrex®, Imigran®) nasal spray
   5. naratriptan (Amerge®, Naramig®) tablets
   6. rizatriptan (Maxalt®) tablets and rizatriptan orally dissolvable (Maxalt-MLT®) tablets
   7. zolmitriptan orally dissolvable (Zomig-ZMT®) tablets
   8. almotriptan (Axert®) tablets
   9. frovatriptan (Frova®) tablets
  10. eletriptan (Relpax®) tablets

Related Articles, Links
Headache. 2004 Jul;44(7):713-8.
Subcutaneous sumatriptan induces changes in frequency pattern in cluster headache patients.
Rossi P, Lorenzo GD, Formisano R, Buzzi MG.

Objectives.-To document the relationship between the use of subcutaneous (SQ) sumatriptan (sum) and a change in frequency pattern of cluster headache (CH) in six patients. To discuss the clinical and pathophysiological implications of this observation in the context of available literature. Background.-Treatment with SQ sum may cause an increase in attack frequency of CH but data from literature are scant and controversial. Methods.-Six CH sum-naive patients (three episodic and three chronic according to the International Headache Society (IHS) criteria) are described. Results.-All six patients had very fast relief from pain and accompanying symptoms from the drug but they developed an increase in attack frequency soon after using SQ sum. In all patients, the CH returned to its usual frequency within a few days after SQ sum was withdrawn or replaced with other drugs. Five patients were not taking any prophylactic treatment and SQ sum was the only drug prescribed to treat their headache. Conclusions.-Physicians should recognize the possibility that treatment of CH with SQ sum may be associated with an increased frequency of headache attacks.

« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2010 at 6:34am by Chad »  

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #10 - Jan 12th, 2010 at 1:28pm

From the bit I've read, my guess on this is that imiterx after the fact wouldn't interfere, but I'm no expert, so hopefully you'll get reliable info from those who have investigated this more fully.

Meantime, if you're brother is using imitrex injections, he'll benefit greatly from this tip and he'll have a lot less imitrex in his system (if he isn't doing this already): Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #11 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 1:42pm

lots of good information in this thread. i would suggest some non rx abortives
-ice water treatment
-lots of o2 (flow rate of 15 LPM or higher)
-caffeine (red bull, coffee)
-cold air
-physical activity (running, jumping jacks, chopping wood, punching bag, ect)
-hot or cold showers
-kudzo
-melatonin (for sleep)

getting through detox is going to be tough but it can be done.

i've been episodic for 22 years and i've never used any kind of prescription drugs for cluster headaches Wink   

heres a link to the clusterbuster message board
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2010 at 1:49pm by -johnny- »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!