Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
To everyone who suffers from chronic CH's... (Read 1883 times)
Corey_Griffith
CH.com Newbie

I can't let it beat me

Arlington|USA||||TX,Texas
To everyone who suffers from chronic CH's...
Jan 27th, 2010 at 6:57pm

My heart goes out to you in the biggest way.  As an episodic sufferer, like most of us, I know that the pain I go through for a few weeks every year or so is horrible.

But to have to endure the beast every day is simply beyond my comprehension. I know it sounds cheesy, but if I were possessing of super powers, it'd be the power to heal, and YOU guys would be the first folks I visited.

I dont feel like I'm articulating what I want to say like I'd hoped, but I hope you get the gist of it.

Stay strong.

IP Logged

DeStijl
CH.com Veteran

Lubbock, TX
Re: To everyone who suffers from chronic CH's...
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 10:16am

Hoorah!

Thanks Corey

https://www.facebook.com/eric.mcgaha  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #2 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 11:16am

Many chronic sufferers say that they honestly prefer being chronic because they know what to expect and how to deal with it on a regular basis. They claim that being episodic - the never knowing when, where, the constant looking over the shoulder - is worse, psychologically speaking.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

DeStijl
CH.com Veteran

Lubbock, TX
Reply #3 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 1:48pm

True Brew, but I myself wouldn't mind a good 6 month reprieve from this nonsense...no meds, no worries...just pain free.

https://www.facebook.com/eric.mcgaha  
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #4 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 2:32pm

I have had two 18-month chronic periods, and everything else has been episodic (with no rhyme or reason as to when they start or end). Having been on both sides I think I can honestly say that I prefer the episodic. It takes some practice to really get out of your head during the pain-free times, however.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Dallas Denny 62
CH.com Old Timer

Semper Fi !!!!

Island Bayou Mushroom Farm
Reply #5 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 6:10pm

Brew wrote on Feb 26th, 2010 at 11:16am:
Many chronic sufferers say that they honestly prefer being chronic because they know what to expect and how to deal with it on a regular basis. They claim that being episodic - the never knowing when, where, the constant looking over the shoulder - is worse, psychologically speaking.

I have heard chronics say this as well Brew.....my longest cycle ever was just short of 5 months but like you episodes have no rhyme or reason....I just can't get my mind around "years at a time with no break to recharge for the next round"!! 

I'll take lookin over my shoulder and feel blessed to be episodic!!

DD

I am lost and have gone to find myself....if you should see me before I get back....please ask me to wait until I return!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!