Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sympathy Pains (Read 3058 times)
Sammy99
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Sympathy Pains
Feb 9th, 2010 at 7:26am

Has anyone ever experienced this??

It's the weirdest thing. I had started getting a headache yesterday, by the evening it was getting quite strong, it was concentrated between and behind my eyes, not like any I've had before, but felt like it was splitting my head open (I know nothing in comparison to CH, I won't even pretend it). No amount of pain killers eased it, I was up all night.  My partner hadn't been answering his phone all night, he was with his cousin, but I just knew in my heart something was wrong.

I have received a text now that he was attacked by a severe CH yesterday and taken to the emergency hospital around 6:30pm. He wouldn't let his cousin tell me yesterday as he didn't want me to worry.

I knew the beast was due as remission has been around 6 months now. I hope this bout won't last as long as the last, which was his longest yet at 4 months. This will be our first season since we've been together.

Anyway, the point of topic, I just can't help but think my weird headache last night was connected. Have any other supporters ever experienced such a thing, especially when you haven't known??

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Sympathy Pains
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2010 at 7:43am

Never heard of it. In fact, if there was some kind of wireless connection between his headache and yours, why would the wireless connection choose your IP address and not some random person's?

I do think we can make ourselves nuts considering possibilities, but no, I don't believe in that stuff.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2010 at 9:22am

Nope...never heard of such a thing.  I have great sympathy but no sympathy headaches.

I will say that I can 'spot' one at early onset, when I'm physically in the room with Blake...can spot them in other sufferers too sometimes.  Blake says I know when one is coming before he does...not so sure about that though.

Good luck...

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Feb 9th, 2010 at 10:14am

I'm with Jackie and Brew.....I can spot a CH'er about to get hit, but only when I'm physically with them. A sudden, unusual and lasting headache like you described should be discussed with your doc. Thanks again for being a supporter, we love you guys. But don't neglect your own health watching out for ours! Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Sammy99
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 12:10pm

Hi all,
Just to let you know sympathy pains were a bit far fetched. I did some research online and found we had been hit by a severe geomagnetic storm, which for some will pass unnoticed, for others can induce headaches, and for migraine and CH suffers can induce an attack.  So it wasn't so much coincidental that our headaches occurred simultaneously as atmospheric. And it wasn't the start of his season, it was a complete one off (totally unlike CH patterns) and was extremely severe.

I'm glad I have an explanation now rather than thinking I'm mad, and I'm also glad the beast isn't back - not yet anyway.

Gives us more time to find a source for imitrex/imigran injections and find a way to import them...

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #5 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 12:37pm

I did some research too on magnetic storms and couldn't find any evidence on how they could affect humans on earth, but then again your research might have been more extensive.

Quote:
Gives us more time to find a source for imitrex/imigran injections and find a way to import them...

Not sure what you mean "finding a source"  Huh
A physician writes a script and you take it to any pharmacy to be filled.

If he doesn't have oxygen already, he should ask his Dr. for a script for that also.  02 info is on the link to the left of here.  Even if he's not in cycle right now, it is a smart idea to be prepared for when it DOES hit.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Sammy99
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 1:12pm

Linda_Howell wrote on Feb 25th, 2010 at 12:37pm:
Not sure what you mean "finding a source"  Huh
A physician writes a script and you take it to any pharmacy to be filled.

If he doesn't have oxygen already, he should ask his Dr. for a script for that also.  02 info is on the link to the left of here.  Even if he's not in cycle right now, it is a smart idea to be prepared for when it DOES hit. 

Hi,

We are not living in the states... 
We're in Egypt! Here you don't get prescriptions for anything, just go to a pharmacy and buy what you need.  We have an oxygen tank beside the bed at home ready, and is easily filled on request, but our country stopped importing imigran/imitrex - and to bring it from another country needs a prescription which cannot be written from Egypt. I have found some online sites which claim to sell and export medication without prescription, but not sure on the reliability and they don't deliver to Egypt anyway - which still leaves us with who to deliver to and where, and how that person can ship it to Egypt given most companies (like FedEx & DHL) don't deal with drugs.

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #7 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 1:29pm

Sorry.  You didn't put where you live under your name like most of us do, so I had no idea you were in Egypt.  Sure glad you're able to get 02 though.  It makes such a difference in aborting a headache. 

Is it JUST Imigran/Imitrex that cannot be imported?  There are other abortive drugs you may be able to get there.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Feb 25th, 2010 at 11:07pm

Jackie wrote on Feb 9th, 2010 at 9:22am:
....................................Blake says I know when one is coming before he does...not so sure about that though............

Believe him. I can't count how many times Stacey has said "Is the O2 out in the truck?" or "Do you have a Zomig in your pocket?" when I wasn't even thinking about it - yet. 

Obvious signs, she claims........

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!