Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My husband was doing do well! (Read 1723 times)
B
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

England, UK
My husband was doing do well!
Mar 15th, 2010 at 11:37am

Not really sure if anyone will reply.. but feeling very sorry for my poor husband..finally felt as if the ch was under control and had gone 4 weeks without anything to write home about.... and yesterday he contracted a stomach bug..! Meaning he can't take his pills.. poor thing can't even drink water with out ejecting it! Sad No energy drinks, and none of the grapes that seem to work so well!

So now the head hurting is starting to return..!! Sad I hope he feels better soon!

IP Logged

Dollyhair
CH.com Newbie

I Love 02!

Re: My husband was doing do well!
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2010 at 12:16pm

Hi B,

Haven't read your other posts, but has your husband tried 02 yet, I am not able to take Verapamil anymore due to a heart condition, but 2 months ago I asked my GP for oxygen and went in with all the paperwork so he could fax it over to the supplier and within 4 days it was delivered to me, and what a lifesaver it's been.

Hope your husband feels better soon.

Caron

IP Logged

B
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

England, UK
Reply #2 - Mar 15th, 2010 at 12:46pm

Hi Caron
Thanks for your kind words!

02 was the next option from the neuro if the change in pills didn't work.. but they were Sad so no 02..

I'm just venting really! Hopefully when he can take his pills again everything will be back to normal.
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2010 at 12:50pm by B »  

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #3 - Mar 15th, 2010 at 4:13pm

I can't stress strongly enough how important the 02 is.  It's the #1 abortive.  Most sufferers can abort a CH within a few minutes if they use a high flow rate (15lpm minimun) delivered with the correct mask.

I'd print out the 02 information here, present it to his doctor and demand a script.  Unless there is another physical issue then any doctor worth a damn won't give you any grief over this.

Good luck.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #4 - Mar 15th, 2010 at 4:59pm

I still don't understand why anyone would choose "pills" over oxygen unless the oxygen didn't work.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Reply #5 - Mar 15th, 2010 at 6:08pm

O2 is so great for so many people, it's portable, inexpensive, EFFECTIVE, and no side affects to worry about later.

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

Iddy
CH.com Alumnus

Smile

Toronto,Canada
Reply #6 - Mar 17th, 2010 at 9:34am

Just go ahead and get the o2 ball rolling. Give your husband one of the greatest gifts you possibly can given his situation.

Hope he feels better soon

All the best, Iddy

Walk in Peace

"If you can, help others, if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them." Dalai Lama

IP Logged

neuropath
CH.com Veteran

Same Hit, Different Day

Reply #7 - Mar 25th, 2010 at 7:31am

O2. Cant harm the stomach bug either.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!