Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
We found a great doctor! (Read 1822 times)
Cece
CH.com Junior

Clusters are the devil!

Tucson, AZ
We found a great doctor!
Apr 5th, 2010 at 8:06pm

Hello to all. So last friday we met with a doctor, finally! We just put my husband on my insurance. It went very well. Since it is a pre existing condition however, we have to wait almost a year to see a neurologist. But the doctor is so awesome, we said we would just go to urgent care every 3 months to fill he Rx but he said to just keep seeing him until the year has passed for the pre existing condition requirement. Bless his heart, he knows about cluster headaches and actually gives a damn.
So the CH are coming on even stronger so we got the prednosone taper, the verapamil, painkillers(they help my husband sometimes), the 02. So we pray all this keeps working.
We have the rebulls as well, soemtimes they work and others not at all. We got a big case at Costco so we are covered for a while!

Wanted to share the news. Wishing the best and no pain to everyone. Love Smiley

cecilouusa  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: We found a great doctor!
Reply #1 - Apr 5th, 2010 at 8:44pm

Thats good news. Hoping the oxygen works as well for him as it has for me. Lovingly remind him the faster you got on the 02 the faster the beast is driven off.

Thanks again for all the foot work you do for him .  Smiley

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Cece
CH.com Junior

Clusters are the devil!

Tucson, AZ
Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2010 at 9:21pm

Thanks! He has taken 02 many times and he is really happy to have it again. We feel so blessed to have this doctor.

cecilouusa  
IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #3 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 8:02am

Great!  Having a good doctor is huge.

Like Joe said....hit the 02 at the first twinge.  Make sure he has the right mask and uses a high flow rate.  I know...I'm a nag... Roll Eyes

Oh..and watch the pain killers.  They can do more harm than good.

Good job, Sweetie.... Smiley

Love ya,
Jackie

IP Logged

on my knees
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 8:36pm

the right mask makes all the difference, i am a true believer  and its the op2 mask is the only one for me.
glad you foound a good doc, they can be hard to find

IP Logged

Cece
CH.com Junior

Clusters are the devil!

Tucson, AZ
Reply #5 - Apr 7th, 2010 at 1:53pm

Yes he has kept his mask from when he did have the 02. He can't have the tube or anything like in the nose. We are so grateful and feel so blessed to have found this doctor.
Thank you all for the replies.

I wish everyone a pain free week, or actually a pain free forever, wouldn't that be nice?!

Love and prayers to all Smiley

cecilouusa  
IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #6 - Apr 11th, 2010 at 1:11am

Cece, congratulations to you BOTH for finding a great doctor, a very difficult task for many of us. 

Please take a look at this list of recommended doctors from the link below, if your doctor is NOT on there, please add him/her to recommend to others in need who may live close to you. 

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2010 at 1:11am by LasVegas »  

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!