Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to Meet (Read 1760 times)
LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
How to Meet
Apr 8th, 2010 at 5:19pm

You found this posting in the Meetings and Gatherings section, so you probably have an interest in actually meeting another ClusterHead, right? 

The annual convention has proven very informative to many CH'ers and very comforting to meet others face to face, those who actually understand your pain moreso than anybody else.  In addition to the annual convention, why not start from home?!

Here is a project that is a bit timely, but the result may be worth the effort.   Wink

1. Click on the "Where We Live" tab on the left side of your screen. 
2. Select NON-US or US. 
3. Select location where you reside or may be traveling. 
4. Click on member names to email each. 

Your email should include a short intro of who you are, that you found there name listed on the CH.com-Where We Live tab, and inquire if they would be willing to meet in person with you and others that reside locally.

Let them know others from the CH.com site have successfully done this in other cities and thought they would appreciate the opportunity to informally get together meeting other locals afflicted with CH's...to actually meet somebody face to face to share personal stories, recommended local doctors, discuss medicines/triggers, local pharmacies, local insurance companies, local welding supply resources for oxygen, create a localized support network, etc.

Have YOU added your info to the Where We Live tab?  If not, NOW would be a fantastic time to edit/add. Wink

I hope this inspires a Meet and Greet somewhere around the world aka Clusterville.   Cheesy

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Re: How to Meet
Reply #1 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 4:55pm

We've been having them for years now.  Get togethers, that is.  There was just one in January in St. Louis, one in Texas last month, and Brew, Pat, Guiseppi and Christy are coming to Kentucky next week to visit with Jimi and Ruth and I for a week...maybe a month if I can convince them to stay.   Wink

Right here on this board is where to post if you're interested in getting together in your state.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #2 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 7:16pm

Linda_Howell wrote on Apr 9th, 2010 at 4:55pm:
We've been having them for years now.  Get togethers, that is.  There was just one in January in St. Louis, one in Texas last month, and Brew, Pat, Guiseppi and Christy are coming to Kentucky next week to visit with Jimi and Ruth and I for a week...maybe a month if I can convince them to stay.   Wink

Right here on this board is where to post if you're interested in getting together in your state.

Hi Linda, absolutely agree with you this section is a place to post an interest in a Meet & Greet.  However, this posting section only attracts those who are at the right place at the right time by clicking on this section and scrolling to the posting of city/state/country of interest.  Then the waiting game begins with a hint of luck, for somebody and many to express interest.

What I recommended is an additional option that reaches everybody IMMEDIATELY to coordinate a Meet & Greet for many locals to participate at a date to be determined.  This is the method I used years ago resulting in several Las Vegas Meet & Greets. 

If I recall correctly, I think it was you or Barbara that asked my permission to post my success story of organizing Las Vegas Meet & Greets in an OUCH newsletter, this was back in 2002 or 2003. 

Whatever method somebody uses, it results in meeting others who understand CH's and that is a wonderful feeling of comfort  Wink

Las Vegas

« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2010 at 2:10pm by LasVegas »  

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #3 - Apr 11th, 2010 at 12:01am

found the article published in the OUCH NEWS LETTER
December 2003 No.5...

"We Had a Meeting... Posted at      http://
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

On October 29th 2003, 12:43pm
It was so good to meet five other Cluster Sufferers last night at our first “Cluster Sufferer” Las Vegas meeting. We all introduced our- selves, discussed preventative and abortive meds, local doctors, discussion of hypothalamus gland and trigeminal nerve, triggers, potentially forming a local chapter of OUCH, exchanged phone numbers, a demo of the “Imitrex Tip”, etc. Met for two and one half hours.

All six of us were male, four out of six are smokers, we are all over-thinkers, we all are left sided sufferers, ages ranged from 32 to 56, five of us are episodic, one was chronic, we all have health insurance or VA medical assis- tance, two of the six are Vietnam Veterans, three of us are self employed, one service-related disabled and two are full time employees, two reported deviated septum’s on the left (Cluster) side- one of these two men had it fixed but did not cure CH’s, one had a brain tumor removed-but did not cure CH’s, one with history of two closed head injuries. Of the six of us, one has been PF for 4 days, one is chronic with an average of 1 or 2 daily, the other four haven’t experienced a CH in 2, 3 and 4 years, respectively.

Reported initial onset of CH’s began at age 11, 16, 24, 30 and mid-20’s, mid- 30’s. Very productive first meet- ing with all of us understanding that we now have local contacts and are not alone...

Las Vegas"
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2010 at 2:10pm by LasVegas »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!