Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Occipital nerve block (Read 791 times)
Curtice
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Occipital nerve block
May 10th, 2010 at 1:17am

HI to all. Just a little update since my headaches started about 1 month ago. As I wrote in an earlier comment in the guest book when I was having 2-4 headaches a day I have went to my doc. twice once on 4-19 and again on 4-26. I went through my normal routine of a occipital nerve block shot and bam I have been pain free since my last visit. I have been going to this Dr. since 1998 and the last shots I had were 29 months ago!!! This is the only way I have been able to get rid of ECH each time they decide to come my way. It is such a relief to be able to sleep again knowing that I am not going to wake up 2 times a nite with the pain and agony of these headaches. He is a vascular surgeon and the only one that will give these shots to me. He has me show him where the pain in my upper neck area and he marks it and gives me a shot of cortizone and steroid and the pain and tenseness and relief are instant. If 1 shot doesn't work I go back 1 week later and get another one. The first time I went In '98 I went 3 times, but since then it has never taken more than 2 visits.
My insurance I had at the time did not cover any of the bill since he was a vascular surgeon they considered the shot as surgery but for $100.00 per visit it was way worth it considering what I was going through. Occipital nerve block has worked for me for the last 12 years and they seem to not come as often the older I get. Just fyi hope this will help someone with their pain. Again this Dr. is located in Altus, Okla.

IP Logged

Chronic
CH.com Junior

Re: Occipital nerve block
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2010 at 12:35pm

I have had similar procedures and they seem to work for me for about a week.  After that, CHs come back full-force.

IP Logged

Curtice
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Re: Occipital nerve block
Reply #2 - May 15th, 2010 at 9:01am

Well today is still another pf day for me. This procedure does work for me, sorry you haven't had
any luck. I haven't had any more CH since my last shot last month.
How many times did you have treatment during and cycle? It usually always takes 2 treatments for me.
I also take Robaxin (Methocarbomol) & Alprazaloam.
Good Luck and God bless!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!