Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
7 day dexamethasone 2mg done, side effects ? (Read 753 times)
dockwolk
CH.com Junior

ya gotta love a good steak

7 day dexamethasone 2mg done, side effects ?
May 13th, 2010 at 7:30pm

I just finished a 7 day dexamethasone treatment and had a few questions about some of the side effects. In the past I've used prednisone, 60mg 10 days then 3 day taper, with great results but eventually it seemed to become less and less effective. Side effects for me were increased appetite(10% lb. increase) and euphoria. With dexamethasone I also had insomnia, to the point I was awake for 66 hours straight, until 4 1/2 hours of sleep last night. The headaches are gone for now but most times in the past they've come back 2-3 days after stopping this particular treatment. How common is this(the insomnia)?

if i slept with a mermaid, would that be considered beastiality.......

IP Logged

midwestbeth
CH.com Sponsor

Edwardsville, IL
Re: 7 day dexamethasone 2mg done, side effects ?
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2010 at 3:34pm

I had some serious side effects with the Dexametasone including insomnia.  There were some nights that I did not sleep at all.  Having a spotless house was not worth the maina I experienced.

Dum vita est spes est
midwestbeth midwestbeth http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!