Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wrote to the AMA today (Read 601 times)
MichelleP12
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Wrote to the AMA today
Jul 10th, 2010 at 4:21am

Today I emailed the AMA on their website, strongly encouraging them to have all MDs especially ER docs trained in what a cluster is. I mean it's very sad that chiropractors and dentists are very familiar with CHs, but mainline docs aren't?

It's no excuse I think.

My next move is to contact the deans of every medical school in the US and give them my edited colleague letter. I bolded some stuff, put other stuff in red and added the comment about chiropractors and dentists, and some other stuff. (Let me know if you want to see it and I'll send it your way)

Do you all think this is a good idea? Anyone else on board? I mean together we can do something to ensure that no one ever walks into an ER in excruciating pain with a CH and gets blown off or diagnosed with something stupid such as cranial rectosis (stole that from a radio station). IMHO the ignorance of these medical staff means the cranial rectosis is what
they
suffer from when they just blow us off. Grin

Anyone else we should contact?

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Re: Wrote to the AMA today
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2010 at 8:26am

I ran into problems at the ER a couple of years ago. The on call DR had no idea what a cluster headache was, and refused to call my neuro even though she was on call. I suffered for hours w/o O2 before she finally arrived. She decided on her own to educate the on call staff concerning clusters since there are several of us in the area. I think starting with the neuro who is likely to treat us in the ER, and suggesting a brief from them to the interns and staff, is a good idea as well. Blessings! lance

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!