Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Cluster Headache Pain Increase when cmng off PRDN (Read 9759 times)
boski
CH.com Alumnus

CH'S Suck for all that
Suffer / The Pain The
Pain

NYC
Re: Cluster Headache Pain Increase when cmng off PRDN
Reply #50 - Jul 24th, 2010 at 3:57am

How did you avoid it last time?  Not taking the pred?  Or did your other meds kick in before?  Only 2 a day now.

Not too bad.

IP Logged

Putter
CH.com Junior

Glad I am not alone with
CH

Ontario Canada
Reply #51 - Jul 24th, 2010 at 4:04pm

I am tapering off Prednisone now. This is the first time I have tried this route and I am really worried the clusters in the coming days will be so intense. Yesterdays was aweful.  Undecided

IP Logged

boski
CH.com Alumnus

CH'S Suck for all that
Suffer / The Pain The
Pain

NYC
Reply #52 - Jul 24th, 2010 at 4:34pm

Putter:

Oh, I know it's like it charged it up for when it can get you.
I know what you mean.  I felt like a junkie going to the Doc
and asking for one more tapper.  She said nope!
I used Imitrex shot and screamed till it worked then tried
O2 seem to help during day when I caught it as early as I
could.  Even the Imitrex works better the earlier you use it
but you don't want to use it on a little tinge, short shadow
or something tolerable <- they don't happen often but once
in a blueish moon.  It's like a catch 22!

Hope your solution is around the corner.

Peace,
« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2010 at 4:40pm by boski »  

IP Logged

Putter
CH.com Junior

Glad I am not alone with
CH

Ontario Canada
Reply #53 - Jul 25th, 2010 at 9:24pm

I found Batch's comment interesting: Jose Cuervo Margarita mix... non alcoholic of course. I wonder if they have that stuff in Canada? I will try it.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #54 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 6:23am

Putter,

Try some Baja Bob's sugar free powdered margarita mix.  You can order it anywhere in the world over the Internet at: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I just ordered some.

It's sweetened with Splenda and low on sodium so should help avoid the weight gain problem I've experienced at 250 calories or more a glass...  Getting chased down the street by Sumo recruiters gets embarrassing after the novelty wears off... Shocked

One $5 packet makes a half gallon of mix so it costs less and I'm sure it tastes a heck of a lot better than Red Bull.  It's also higher in citric acid that lemonade so should work more effectively as a buffer to elevate stomach pH.  This in turn will elevate arterial pH and that should help reduce the vasodilation in and around the trigeminal nerve to reduce the frequency and intensity of your cluster headaches.   That's my story and I'm sticking to it so far.

I've been on this regimen for nearly a month and am still PF.  This is still anecdotal until we get a lot more folks to try it with similar results, but so far...  this is the longest I've gone PF since I was episodic over 6 years ago...  If this keeps up I could lose my chronic status...  What a hoot!

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!