Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Quick question about Optimask (Read 8060 times)
Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Re: Quick question about Optimask
Reply #25 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 3:07pm

Chris H wrote on Nov 12th, 2010 at 10:19am:
Maybe I put the mask together wrong or something, but when I exhale, I can't help but break the seal and blow air up into my glasses which deflects right into my eyes. I'm typically breathing pretty hard when I use it... maybe I should be slowing it down a bit?

I found I do prefer the mask to the mouthpiece, not really sure why. -Chris

Sounds like you may have the exhaust valve in backwards.  check it out.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Chris H
CH.com Sponsor

CH with CH

Reply #26 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 6:59pm

Thanks Jerry. I'm going to look at it again. I have two and they're both acting the same way... of course I put them both together the same way! -Chris

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #27 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 10:49pm

Chris,

This should help...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Chris H
CH.com Sponsor

CH with CH

Reply #28 - Nov 16th, 2010 at 11:07am

Thanks guys, I do have this right. Of course someone suggested simply taking my glasses off...helps!

-Chris

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #29 - Nov 17th, 2010 at 9:11pm

The attached supplemental users guide for the O2PTIMASK™ may be helpful.  Michael Berger and I developed it a few years ago after we convinced the folks at Linde Health Care in Munich and LifeGas here in the U.S. that this kit was necessary after the Clustermasx™ was no longer available.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register O2PTIMASK__Procedures-1.pdf (Attachment deleted)

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!