Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Suffering cant last much longer.........Houston Tx (Read 3301 times)
billy_the_kid
CH.com Junior

x0||USA||0|0|TX,Texas
Suffering cant last much longer.........Houston Tx
Jan 24th, 2011 at 12:04am

I have been suffering for the past 6 weeks .
Last night I had what felt like a Kip 12 for over an hour and a half . Then the headache lasts at a constant Kip 5 the rest of the day which means no sleep at all .
    I have been trying to hold out from contacting you guys and asking for help, but Im at my wits end .
Currently in between jobs with no insurance, preventative or oxygen . Red bulls are no longer working . Im located in the Houston Texas area and would like to know if anyone has any spare oxygen .
I hate asking but I just dont know what else to do . I also would love try natural abortives.....
Any and all help greatly appreciated

"....at night I wake up with the sheets soak and wet with a freight train running through the middle of my head....."

IP Logged

Batty
CH.com Veteran

I thought it was CH...but
my helmet is too tight!

E'Port Cheshire UK
Re: Suffering cant last much longer.........Houston Tx
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 2:52am

Billy, Get to the Hospital....
Gary

"An old Wolf may lose his teeth, but never his nature.."
paskahomma  
IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 2:52am

Sorry to hear about your serious predicament - it's a VERY GOOD THING you posted about this, and I wouldn't be surprised if you may get some help as a result.

In this economy I found myself between jobs way longer than expected last year, without insurance, and I've seen plenty of other CH'ers report being in the same situation, so you're definitely not alone there!

Sounds like a really bad time for a K12 to come a knockin'.  Shocked Angry Sad Hang on - I bet things will get better and turn around soon now that the troops have been alerted.

(Also, please check your personal messages)

« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2011 at 2:03pm by bejeeber »  

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #3 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 8:30am

Billy, in some situations I found an energy drink (I know, they're not free) and rapid breathing forcing hyperventilation and careful pressure on my carotid could make the hit bearable. I don't recommend the carotid pressure cuz it can be dangerous (I'm told) and can hurt, but...if I catch the beast quickly enough and rapidly hyperventilate, it is better than letting the hit run its course. I once had to do this at the airport when I had no O2 available. This might also be why some find extreme exertion/exercise helpful. Prayin' for ya. lance

IP Logged

billy_the_kid
CH.com Junior

x0||USA||0|0|TX,Texas
Reply #4 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 9:37pm

Thanks guys it means a lot . I have been under a tremendous amount of stress as of late which I think brought on the clusters again........I went last year without them . I pray That one day there will be a cure or something close to it . I just wanted to state that when I was 7 years old I fell out of a tree and busted my head open and received 31 stitches . I wonder id that has something to do with it.........

I will reply to my PM's a little later......
Thanks again guys I think one day with more research we can overcome this.....keep praying
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2011 at 9:38pm by billy_the_kid »  

"....at night I wake up with the sheets soak and wet with a freight train running through the middle of my head....."

IP Logged

JOHN J
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 2:02am

Hey Billy try to find the local fire station close to home or work, the EMS guys at these stations are very helpful and compassionate to your pain. Just explain your situation and tell them about how helpful 02 is to help alleviate the pain or abort an attack, you'll be surprised how helpful they can be. I live in San Antonio and cannot be much help to you other than the advice I'm offering. Read all these message boards some of the sufferers give some great advice on techniques to help abort and attack. A quick, fast 3-5 min jog may help, i even read about another fellow that hyperventilates and sticks his head in the freezer Smiley good luck buddy.

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #6 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 1:57pm

JOHN J wrote on Jan 25th, 2011 at 2:02am:
.....fellow that hyperventilates and sticks his head in the freezer ....

Yes, that sounds like it would have much the same effect as the *put nose up to blasting car air conditioner vent and breathe deeply* trick that can sometimes abort an attack for myself and others.

Now that you mention it I may try hyperventilation if I find myself at the car air conditioner vent again. Cheesy

Of course vigorous exercise in the freezing outdoor air can be an effective double whammy, but I know you don't have that outdoor freezing air "advantage" in Houston Billy.

« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2011 at 5:58pm by bejeeber »  

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
IP Logged

billy_the_kid
CH.com Junior

x0||USA||0|0|TX,Texas
Reply #7 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 7:45pm

I'am getting hit about three to 4 times a night trying to fight it off with red bull and ice packs with the beast almost breaking through each time........
I have been using melatonin for about two to three weeks at 9 to 12 milligrams and last night at 15 miligrams with no help........
Anyone have any better suggestions........still need help
Thanks for the replies so far .
Bejeeber I will contact you sometime soon, still thinking........

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #8 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 7:51pm

Contact a welding supply house and get yourself set up with an O2 rig. Tell 'em you're welding or keeping live bait alive or whatever you have to. Just don't tell 'em you're going to breathe it - they won't sell it to you.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

billy_the_kid
CH.com Junior

x0||USA||0|0|TX,Texas
Reply #9 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 7:57pm

I always worry that the welding tanks could be contaminated etc. Has anyone had any bad experiances ?

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #10 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 9:00pm

billy_the_kid wrote on Jan 26th, 2011 at 7:57pm:
I always worry that the welding tanks could be contaminated etc. Has anyone had any bad experiances ?

None that I've ever heard of.

The only difference between the two processes is that medical tanks are required to be inspected inside and out every so often. The gas is exactly the same. 100% pure O2. If the welding O2 was in the least bit contaminated, the welds produced would be inferior, and welders would buy their gas elsewhere.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #11 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 10:16pm

billy_the_kid wrote on Jan 26th, 2011 at 7:45pm:
I have been using melatonin for about two to three weeks at 9 to 12 milligrams and last night at 15 miligrams with no help.....

I know 9 mg didn't help me during my last episode, but since then I've seen people report going to 18, even 21 (!) mg before it started preventing the night time hits. I'm afraid I don't know what the side effects / repercussions of those kind of doses might be.

While you're doing the ice packs have you tried also holding ice cubes in your mouth on the CH side?

IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #12 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 7:24am

Contact UTMB's Friendswood Neurology and Pain clinic. They have great neurologists there. They're out of Galveston, last I knew, UTMB Houston did not deal with people who had no insurance, or Medicaid... This could have changed, by now, so you may try contacting them anyways.

If you have no insurance, and no job, UTMB might be able to work with you, or help you.

Alternatively? Search your area for MHMR. Call, explain your situation, and they may be able to get you in. It stands for Mental Health, Mental Retardation, but they handle pretty much everything. They work for the poor, disabled, and mentally ill. I don't think they charge anything when you're unemployed. I could be wrong on that, though. (They can also get you on disability, probably Medicaid, and do a lot of other human services.)

Have you tried Monster Energy drinks? Hell, some Dollar Tree's sell the little Hitman Bottles for $1. H.E.B. here in Beaumont sells big bottles of Monster for $2.50-$2.75 or so I think. You can just drink 1/3rd of it, and it'll last multiple hits.

Also do a search for 4-way Nasal Spray. I recall there being a trick with it that sometimes aborted hits for some posters.

If I think of anything else, I'll add it. Hope you find something to give you relief. I wish I could offer more.

Mystina

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

erk
CH.com Junior

bunker hill , west virginia
Reply #13 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 8:51am

Same here on the melatonin. Took 9-12mg for 3 weeks along with an otc sleep aid and 240mg of verapamil (very low dosage I know), but still visited every night by the beast. The first night I stopped taking all this I was PF thru the night and 3 out of 4 PF nights/days since. To be fair, I used only one brand of melatonin which was regular release and cant find time released here locally.From what I've read on this site, effective preventatives vary greatly. And throw in the unpredictability of the beast,and  it seems really hard to find what is helping and what is not. Good luck to all and some for me too!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!