Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Deviated Septum (Read 3117 times)
Erics.Parents
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Deviated Septum
Jan 3rd, 2011 at 5:46pm

I'm taking Eric to see a new dr. tomorrow and so I want to get his MRI and CT for it.  I noticed on the CT that he has a Deviated Septum with mild mucosal thickening.  Has anyone ever had this and does it make CH worse?  I notice it is diviated on the side he gets his headaches on.

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Re: Deviated Septum
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2011 at 8:02pm

My husband had a deviated septum, got it fixed and it didn't affect his headaches any at all (either before or after).

Carolyn

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2011 at 8:12pm

Deviated septum is probably more prevalent than a perfectly aligned septum.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #3 - Jan 3rd, 2011 at 10:37pm

I got a deviated septum as a result of fractured/reconstructed nose when I was 8 yrs old.  CH's started when I was 11 yrs old.

My CH's switch sides every year or two throughout my life, therefor I do not believe there is any correlation between the deviated septum and CH's.

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

GrandPotentate
CH.com Old Timer

mmmmmmmmmm

Michigan City, IN  USA
Reply #4 - Jan 3rd, 2011 at 11:22pm

I used to get a cycle every couple years.  Last year I got my deviated septum fixed.  I had another cycle in late spring.   I don't think there is any connection between the two.

That said, I'm glad I got the nose job done.  He also took out a bunch of polyps, and removed my uvula (sounds dirty).  I breathe better and get over a cold much easier!  And it helps my image as the new king of pop.

I hope that you find relief, but it probably won't be this way.

Jon

IP Logged

Batty
CH.com Veteran

I thought it was CH...but
my helmet is too tight!

E'Port Cheshire UK
Reply #5 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 6:57pm

Not wanting to be left out but,
I have one also!
Blocks my right nostril, CH always on left!

Best wishes

Gary

"An old Wolf may lose his teeth, but never his nature.."
paskahomma  
IP Logged

Pixie-elf
CH.com Hall of Famer

I've tried the rest, and
busting is the best!

Beaumont,Tx
Reply #6 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 7:45am

I've got one. I don't know if it has anything to do with my CH though.

I had the sinus 'Windows' surgery when I was 5. They went back in, widened the windows, and then went in a third time to remove polyps. I'm waiting to get in with an ENT to find out if they severely fucked up my trigeminal nerves doing this. I'm pretty sure that even if they did, that it's not what my problem is. These fuckers start in my brain.

As far as I'm concerned, cluster busting has been the best treatment I've tried. No migraines since I started it, and my hits have gotten so much better. Wanna know more?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

It's saved my life.

IP Logged

cluster
CH.com Old Timer

WaterX3 - It helps!

Cologne(Europe)
Reply #7 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 7:49am

Have a look at this:

The test is easy:
Quote:
Evidence that the pain can be attributed to mucosal contact based on at least one of the following:

1. pain corresponds to gravitational variations in mucosal congestion as the patient moves between upright and recumbent postures
   2. abolition of pain within 5 minutes after diagnostic topical application of local anaesthesia to the middle turbinate using placebo- or other controls

Cluster Headache News: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register - German CH Site
IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #8 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 8:15pm

When my deviated septum makes breathing through the effected side difficult at night, I use some simple saline nasal spray to rinse the nasal passages followed by a good blow or two, then I put on one of the plastic "Breathe Right®" nasal strips.

The saline wash shrinks the mucous membranes and the Breathe Right® nasal strip keeps me breathing through my nose like a champ.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!