Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What are your thoughts on Kudzu? (Read 1876 times)
Melby29
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

What are your thoughts on Kudzu?
Feb 8th, 2011 at 5:28pm

I've read a couple of bits and pieces on the internet and thought I should get some opinions - anyone tried it?

By the way, I killed an attack completely this morning with just an energy drink. I was trying to get my girls ready for school, running late as usual, and it came on really bad - great, I thought, this is the last thing I need.... anyway, I just chugged it down, got them their breakfast and voila! Before I could get to the O2, it just melted away.... like magic..... I love that feeling..... it really is like melting. Bliss.

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Re: What are your thoughts on Kudzu?
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2011 at 11:37pm

Kudzu is the best legal preventative I've ever used.  I took myself off of Verap and Lithium because of the side effects and went to Kudzu for the same if not better relief and no side effects except a bit of gas.  I'll take a little gas once in a while for the relief I got, and I didn't get all that much gas from it.

The best place I found to buy it was from Swanson's Vitamins Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register I got excellent service from them and they will match whatever price you find anywhere else.  I prefer Nature's Way, although others like different brands.  I liked the consistency I got with Nature's Way in that they guarantee the potency is consistent. 

I would recommend you give it a try.  The only better thing I know of is found over at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register if that is an option for you.

Give me a yell if I can help any further.

Jerry
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2011 at 11:37pm by Callico »  

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Glassman
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Ohio
Reply #2 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 7:01am

How do you take the Kudzu -that is how much per day? I just started Verapamil last night.  This morning I had a CH start up at 6:20 which is one of the longest night's sleep I've had.  Will the Kudzu make the Verap work better?

Maine Coon Cat Crazy

IP Logged

Kristin
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Houston
Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 8:58pm

Also interested in how to take the Kudzu ... morning?  morning and night?  At onset?  Thanx Smiley

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #4 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 11:57pm

I took it at breakfast , lunch, and dinner.  Some take it all at once.  I found if I did that I tended to get gas worse  I also felt like it spread out the effectiveness a bit by not having all of it hit my system at once.  I wanted to be sure I got as good absorption as possible.

I don't think it will improve Verap.  I don't have any evidence of it other than when I was weaning myself of Verap, but I don't think they interact much at all.  If they do I would tend to think it would be to the detriment of each other.  My suggestion would be to see how you react to the Verap.  Most tolerate it pretty well, even at rather high dosages.  I never had BP issues, in fact at over 700mg a day my BP was actually higher than normal.  My Dr thought I was not taking the meds.  It just got to the point I was not getting the help I needed and the side effects of it and the Lithium in concert got to bad.

I can't say exactly when to start it as I've been chronic for going on 10 yrs.  I quit keeping track, so I can't even tell you how long I've been using the Kudzu, but I was on it for at least three years.  When using it regularly three times a day I rarely had a hit go over K7.  I would get 3-5 a day in the K5-7 range, but that is a big difference from 7-10 a day in the K7-9 range.

I still say I think Kudzu is the best legal preventative I've ever used.  It doesn't work that well for everyone, but neither does anything else.  I still strongly urge you to check out sss.clusterbusters.com  From many I've known over the last several years that is the best prevent out there.  I know there are drawbacks with legality, etc. and it may not be for you, but check it out carefully.  There is research being done there that may make a legal formation of it and you need to be aware of it as it progresses.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

akage
CH.com Junior

Reply #5 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 2:07pm

When I tried it a few years back my attacks would go down in intensity, but the trade-off was the length would become longer. I basically felt mildly bad the whole day instead of very bad a few times a day. I'm also not sure if it didn't extend my cycles. As usual your mileage may vary.

IP Logged

dereksgirl
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

WA
Reply #6 - Feb 17th, 2011 at 10:26am

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Found this link through clusterbuster.com main page. Haven't had time to read it, but thought it might be helpful to you.

Blessings,
Holly

Words can not express the gratitude I have for all of you who have, in the midst of such great pain, reached out and helped so many...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!