Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Here we go again (Read 1661 times)
Jewelz
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Here we go again
Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:37pm

I haven't posted in awhile. I just logged on to read and vent and feel the support of the CH community.

It took months to get my BF weaned off of his Verap safely. Lasted a week and then high cycle came back with a vengeance. Around 5-6 a day, half of them 9s or 10s. So back on the Verap with the Pred taper and nothing's changed. Making an appointment at a headache clinic 3 hours from here, but in the meantime, what hurts me the most - more than having to see him suffer the pain - is watching the emotional toll it takes on him. Losing joy. Living in fear of the next one. And I feel so sick and frustrated because I'd give anything to fix it and there's not a damn thing I can do.

Today he was so overcome with grief: first, because he was mourning the "normal life" that he hasn't had for 20 years; second, because he felt he is a burden on me. I tried so hard to make him believe that life is still good and that he's perfect to me. And that there's always hope. I think I convinced him this time, but for how long, I don't know. Probably just until the next one.

Anyway, like I said, I just wanted to vent. Thanks for listening.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Here we go again
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 9:58am

Hang in there Jewelz...the watching has to hurt like hell. Does he have any decent abortives? Oxygen, imitrex injectables or nasal spray?

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Jewelz
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 5:10pm

Nope. Just a dumb neurologist. That's why we're trying to get to the headache clinic. And we're looking into some of those "alternative" remedies too. At least he knows there are things out there left to try. Gives him some hope.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 7:03pm

Assume you have already been... but   clusterbusters.com     Those people have been cranking out some impressive success stories. I have a couple of close friends who were at wits end as everything we use was failing them. Vitamin "M" gave them their lives back. Good bunch of people on that board. Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!