Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Some Decisions (Read 2851 times)
rascleo
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Sa Diego, Ca.
Some Decisions
Apr 3rd, 2011 at 12:58am

First I'd like to thank everyone who replied to my posts, that meant a lot to me!
I've made some pivotal decisions re: my Medical situation. I've decided to stop seeing all of the Doctors on my medical team, as there is nothing they can do to help me, and their time would be better served seeing patients they can actually help. In addition, I've decided to discontinue any and all medications I've been prescribed for Chronic Cluster headache, as they have no affect and do not work, so why spend the money? To me it's like throwing out good money after bad. My partner and I disagree on these points, but at the end of the day it's my body, therefore my decision. Finally, I've decided to not post on this site any longer, as all I do is complain and complain. All of you know what Chronic Cluster Headaches are and how devastating they they can be, so why listen to me complain over and over again?
Thank you all for you kind,supportive and caring words. I wish you all pain free days, weeks, months and years!
All my best to you!
Sincerely,
Richard
« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2011 at 1:00am by rascleo »  

Richard in San Diego

IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Re: Some Decisions
Reply #1 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 11:22am

Richard, I hope that you don't stop posting here. If anything, this is a group that fully understands your pain.

I agree with you - it might be time to fire your medical team. But not to go it alone. Please call the neurologist my husband see's here (Dr. Yu Dennis Cheng MD). He's a neuro in La Mesa behind Sharp hospital and told us he treats several CH patients. He's been very helpful to us.

If you are a Kaiser patient, then please try to get an appointment with Dr. Robert William Hogan II in La Mesa. He's a primary care doctor, but "gets" CH and will get you through the process to neurology.

You're right - your meds may be bad money after good, because maybe the dosages are wrong, or the meds themselves are not right. But let's get the oxygen working right for you (regular tanks, not the concentrator) and at the right flow, with the right mask.

DON'T GIVE UP on yourself, because we won't give up on you.

And by the way, send your partner here too, we support supporters (I am one myself) in addition to sufferers.

- Christy

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #2 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 12:00pm

Richard...
Listen to Christy.  She's tell you 100% right.

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Reply #3 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 12:34pm

I agree...listen to Christy.

Don't give up on the meds...it takes time to find the right dosages and combinations.  No to CH'ers are the same.

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus

What Goes Around Comes
Around!

Georgetown,Ontario
Reply #4 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 1:00pm

Richard - you've been given some great advise by some of our best supporters.

Hang in there - but please don't go away - there is help here for you.

Carol

IP Logged

37-41withrestrictions
CH.com Veteran

NOT SO PF AT THE MOMENT

Chester UK
Reply #5 - Apr 4th, 2011 at 8:23am

Hi Richard
I'm hoping I have read the wrong intention in this post...
Please dont give up and definately dont do anything to end this pain.
I am a sufferer so I'm speaking from experience.you must be in a pretty dark place at this moment.
check your PM
Sue

If you see something you want.. reach out and grab it with both hands.....just watch out you dont get a smack in the chops for grabbing the wrong thing!!!
suzieq6343  
IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Reply #6 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 9:50am

Happy Birthday Richard. I hope it's a pain-free day for you.

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

rascleo
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Sa Diego, Ca.
Reply #7 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 3:12am

Thank you so much! Nice birthday, but the Cluster Headaches were uninvited guests. I used a Sumavel so they didn't ruin the party!
Richard

Richard in San Diego

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!