Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
flying with O2 (Read 1393 times)
wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
flying with O2
Jun 30th, 2011 at 8:14am

OK, I know we've discussed this before, but I have a friend who is on O2 for respiratory issues, and Delta airlines is allowing him to fly to Shreveport LA with his own tanks on board. His daughter is a RN and said they had no choice. It was illegal for them to prevent someone medically needy from flying due to restrictions. So...just curious. Any experience here with this? Do you think airlines would accept CHs and not just COPD? This could be a game changer for me. Blessings. lance

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: flying with O2
Reply #1 - Jun 30th, 2011 at 8:19am

Boy, game changer is an understatement. Would probably take a test case....... Undecided

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #2 - Jun 30th, 2011 at 1:22pm

I've heard of airlines allowing COPD patients to fly with concentrators, but not pressurized tanks.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Mike NZ
CH.com Hall of Famer

Oxygen rocks! D3 too!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #3 - Jun 30th, 2011 at 7:10pm

Most airlines are very careful with oxygen cylinders on flights, with an illustration of the possible damage if one fails being shown with the damage to a Qantas 747 when one failed 3 years ago.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I'm just coming up to my 50th flight this year and have not had a single CH whilst flying. I can't even remember having any shadows even whilst airborne.

IP Logged

Peter B
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Boston, MA
Reply #4 - Jul 10th, 2011 at 5:54pm

I was not able to get a tank on a recent flight

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2011 at 8:14am

I spoke recently with the man whose daughter said her father took his tanks with him....nope, it was a concentrator. No tanks. Sorry about the misunderstanding. Blessings. lance

IP Logged

Jewel Jubic
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 3:32am

There are certain rules and many airlines are very careful for using these things.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!