Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ready to Give up, Don't know wha to do. (Read 4195 times)
xytras33
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Ready to Give up, Don't know wha to do.
Jul 14th, 2011 at 12:16am

I don't think I can take this anymore.  It's affecting just about every aspect of my life and every time they start, like clockwork all I want to do is "end the pain".  I'm desperate and I need a quick solution.  I've been going to a Dr. for 4 years now and nothing is working.  I'm afraid from having to take FMLA every year for this is going to ruin my career and leave with nothing left to do.  Where can I search on this site to find help.  There is just so much to go thru and a lot I really don't have time for it. I work full time, go to school full, have children to take care of and help with homework but not much time to research myself.  I just want them to STOP! Please help me. Post the articles that I can get to quickly and read and start taking some action before I do something rash.... Lips Sealed

IP Logged

flipperlips
CH.com Alumnus

Live, Laugh, Love

Mcallen, TX
Re: Ready to Give up, Don't know wha to do.
Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 9:33am

If you are thinking of doing something rash you need to visit this link ASAP....

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Also that is another site that is full of information about CH so it is a great place to read as well.

Only one life.....only one chance to make the moment count for something - Racer1_NC

flipperlips 100000247863039 pjtimmer@sbcglobal.net  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #2 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 10:34am

You've reached the mother lods of info on CH. What have you used, doses etc.? Have you tried oxygen yet? Read the oxygen info link. Should be your first line abortive, I abort my attacks in about 6-8 minutes.:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Go the meds section of this board, read the topic "123 pain free days and I think Im know why"  It's a simple vitamin/mineral/anti inflammatory regimen that's been providing relief for many. All over the counter stuff.

Where do you live? Country/city only...it gives us  a better idea of where to direct you for resources. You're not alone any more, there's SO MUCH help available to manage the beast, let us help you.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Ken_DFA
CH.com Junior

Normal, IL
Reply #3 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 5:09pm

xytras33,

Here are some things to try that are both immediately obtainable, relatively cheap and have proved effective for some of us:

Oxygen: first-line abortive therapy for virtually everyone on this board.  Don't despair about getting an Rx for it:  I rigged up my own non-prescription welder's tank in less than five days for under $200.  Hit that link on the left hand side of the screen for all the info you need to get started.

Melatonin: A lot of us take 9-12 mgs before bed each night to keep us from waking up with hits.    You can buy this stuff virtually anywhere (walgreens, RiteAid etc.)  Should be about $9 per bottle.  Try it tonight.  I simply can't overstate how important 7 straight hours of sleep is to maintaining morale during a cycle.

Energy Drinks:  Pound a full can down (16oz) at the first sign of a hit.  I use Monster Sugar-Free; it's the blue can.   

Good luck and hang in there, man.

-Ken

IP Logged

JustNotRight
CH.com Sponsor

CH version 15.0.8 member
since 2005 aka GingerS224

Wilkes-Barre, Pa (USA)
Reply #4 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 6:25pm

I work full time (with Lots of Over time usually) & have a full family life too and I have been chronic CH for over 11 years.  There is Life outside of your pain.  If you are at a doing drastic things point please check the Crisis Link in one of the above posts!

Read the oxygen info on the left and print some portions or all of it out if necessary to help get the oxygen prescription from the doc.  Or you can see if you can pick up some welders O2.

Here is a list of herbals/supplements that may give some relief over the next few days.  Keep in mind they will not be nearly as affective as actual prescription medication and abortives.

Omega 3 Supplements 1000mg

Tanquil- (contains Humulus Lupulus and Valerian root extract)
This can also help get you through the night and can help avoid night time hits.

Cetrizine/Zyrtec = over the counter allergy medication, taken before bed by about 1 hour it may help him get through the night with no hits and some decent zzz's. Found in most any grocery, drug, or walmart store.

The above are items I use.  Along with my regular prescription medications.

Others here also use...

Taurine - found in energy drinks (stay away from high acidity energy drinks if you haVe ulcer issues) such as redbull **there are others.     Taurine Combined with Caffeine/coffee works in many to help kill a CH hit.  You can also find taurine supplements at GNC or buy it off the internet, however if you use the internet you will be waiting for at least a week to even get  your shipment.

Kava - Herbal also found at GNC

Melatonin : take 1 hour before bed- GNC

Vitamin D2 suppliments

Magnesium - GNC

Hot or cold wet clothes to the head during an attack- depends on sufferers preference.

An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
M.K. Gandhi

If you are going through hell...Just keep going
WWW JustNotRight gngr.stewart GingerS224  
IP Logged

RichardN
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1|Crossville|USA,Tn
Reply #5 - Jul 16th, 2011 at 12:21am

Is your doc prescribing a preventive? Abortive?  If so, what kind(s)?

There are many preventives and some abortives that DO work.  The best (and cheapest if you have to pay cash) abortive is hi-flow 02.  Works for 70-80% of us to abort an attack before the "dance" stage.

You've come to the right place.  One of my favorite mottos on this board is, "Nothing works for everyone, but Something works for everyone, and here you have a good chance of finding the "something" that works for you.

You're not alone.  We DO understand your pain.

Be  Safe,   PFDANs

Richard

I can live with the beast as long as I don't have to "dance" with the bastard.
lastchantsranch  
IP Logged

xytras33
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - Jul 18th, 2011 at 8:46pm

Thanks for the posts.  Most of the things I've done and tried and all failed.  I see a few herbals I haven't tried yet so I'll what my doctor says about that.  I've been browsing the site when I can.  I have picked up on a few things to try and made a list of questions to ask my Dr.  Thanks for caring.

IP Logged

Skyhawk5
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ypsilanti, Mi. USA
Reply #7 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 8:24pm

The nature of CH when uncontrolled is to debilitate the sufferer. I've been whrere you are and can advise you to take the time to help yourself manage CH.

23 yrs ago before I was Dx'd, I missed 6 months of work, the longest I ever missed, for me it was quite devistating. The info here is everywhere and too much to link you too.

The battle is yours, mine, and everyone here. On this site is more info than most Doctors will ever have. i.e. High flow Oxygen with the proper mask, no narcotics, and treatments that work.

Best of Luck,  Don

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the Beast , I  have O2 so I fear him not.
Skyhawk5655  
IP Logged

xytras33
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #8 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 12:21am

flipperlips wrote on Jul 14th, 2011 at 9:33am:
If you are thinking of doing something rash you need to visit this link ASAP....

Also that is another site that is full of information about CH so it is a great place to read as well.

I didn't mean that rash.  I meant like doing something stupid like going out back and taking a baseball bat to my car or something.  Rage is what I feel and I just want to pound something to mush.  I've already gone and punched a bag until my knuckles bled but didn't care about the pain until the headache was one.

IP Logged

xytras33
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #9 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 12:27am

RichardN wrote on Jul 16th, 2011 at 12:21am:
  Is your doc prescribing a preventive? Abortive?  If so, what kind(s)?

There are many preventives and some abortives that DO work.  The best (and cheapest if you have to pay cash) abortive is hi-flow 02.  Works for 70-80% of us to abort an attack before the "dance" stage.

You've come to the right place.  One of my favorite mottos on this board is, "Nothing works for everyone, but Something works for everyone, and here you have a good chance of finding the "something" that works for you.

You're not alone.  We DO understand your pain.

Be  Safe,   PFDANs

Richard

Well I seem to be haven trouble with the O2.  "It's not practical" is what I keep getting.  I'm about to switch doctors.  In the meantime, should I worry about the short term disability I have to keep applying for at work?...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!