Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Meds & Summer Heat (Read 1224 times)
LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Meds & Summer Heat
Aug 14th, 2011 at 8:09pm

How do each of you transport meds safely during the summer heat?

Pills, nasal sprays, injections, O2 tanks, etc left in a car would get hotter than manufacturer recommendations and am concerned the meds would become ineffective due to the high temperatures.

I am a business to business salesman, driving an average of 6 hours daily 5x/wk in the Las Vegas hellish heat and am concerned to have Imitrex injections, nasal sprays, pills, etc left in my car.

Thought maybe I could pack them in an insulated lunchbox with icepack, but then it might become too cold.

Also, what about a small O2 tank, wouldn't that explode with the 110 degree temps?

Open for recommendations... Roll Eyes

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Re: Meds & Summer Heat
Reply #1 - Aug 14th, 2011 at 10:26pm

I have 02 in my vehicle 24/7, 365. I keep fresh seals on the reg and a check on all connections. I personally have had no issues.

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #2 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 6:32am

A mid-sized insulated container with a small cooling pack would keep the temperature at a moderate level.

Just experiment with combinations along these lines and see what works.

Ask your duggist if COLD is a legit concern--I sort of doubt it.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #3 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 8:54pm

Racer1...How hot does your car get that you feel comfy keeping your o2 in there?  It is currently 105 degrees here in Las Vegas and inside my car must be at least 10 degrees hotter.  So I guess the real question is what is the maximum temperature a pressured tank of o2 will maintain without exploding, leaking, etc? 

BobJ...as usual, you have excellent reliable no-nonsense replies, much appreciated.

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

NotH20
CH.com Hall of Famer

x0|Atlanta||usa|421|220|GA,Georgia
Reply #4 - Aug 18th, 2011 at 8:33am

I probably should not be the one responding to this post, but here goes.  I keep O2 in my car 24/7 when I'm in cycle.  I live in Atlanta and it gets pretty hot here too.  I have never had a problem with the tank.  I also keep injections and abortive pills in my glove box 24/7 (yes, I realize how hot it gets in there) but it's my "just in case" abortives.

Hanging head in shame...I also use very outdated medication to get through my cycle.  This cycle that started back in June is when I started using my injections that expired back in 2003!!!  YIKES!!!  I stockpile my medication with refills when out of cycle.

Mia

NotH20  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!