Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
OMG.... AM I REALLY FREE NOW?!?!?! (Read 3637 times)
NazTee
CH.com Newbie

x0|Palmetto/Bradenton|USA||0|0|FL,Florida
OMG.... AM I REALLY FREE NOW?!?!?!
Oct 4th, 2011 at 9:31am

Okay, I have to admit, I have been avoiding these boards like the plague for one simple selfish reason.... I've been attack free since the last time I was here and didn't want to jinx myself by talking about it.  Cheesy

I've been attempting to re-read my past posts to find out exactly when my last full attack cycle occurred but then started to scare myself that too much research and speaking about it would bring the foul beast raging back but I figured I owed it to others to talk about how I gained my relief.  Embarrassed

Being an anti-drug person growing up I was extremely cautious when I read somewhere about an alternative treatment using shrooms.  After my last full head on cycle (the worst I ever had) my new husband began combing all the information he could find on the matter (like I hadn't already but I let him feel like he was "helping" and telling me new & exciting things)   Huh

Well he came across the same site that talked about the shroom therapy and ultimately talked me into it.  It was an interesting experience and I did it in 2008 during the tail end of my cycle...... (last true time I was here) and guess what?!?!  NA-DA gosh darn thing since.... I've had a few scares where I start to get that ache behind my left eye and I'm always on guard and leery its gonna come back (hence my fear to speak on the subject) but I finally figured I had a duty to all those who were so willing to help me through my years to share my experience.

Now please DO NOT think me a drug user, I am a woman that has a family, professional job and no vices except the beach and my family.  I did what I did to try to save the normalcy of my life and damn it... I TOOK MY LIFE BACK FROM THE BEAST!!!!  Grin  Not that I don't live in the shadows sometimes wondering if the beast is lurking in the dark or just around the next corner but I am armed & prepared now and I WILL NOT be afraid any longer.

1st attack:  December 1998 - Final attack: June 2008
~ The only thing that lasts forever is regret ~

IP Logged

Dallas Denny 62
CH.com Old Timer

Semper Fi !!!!

Island Bayou Mushroom Farm
Re: OMG.... AM I REALLY FREE NOW?!?!?!
Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2011 at 11:22am

Hear! Hear!  Thank you for the post and congratulations!!

Dallas Denny

I am lost and have gone to find myself....if you should see me before I get back....please ask me to wait until I return!!

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2011 at 6:12pm

Some people get it.

You're one of them.

U rah rah clusterbusters.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #3 - Oct 4th, 2011 at 7:23pm

NazTee wrote on Oct 4th, 2011 at 9:31am:
AM I REALLY FREE NOW?!?!?!

No.

Well at least I wouldn't encourage that assumption.  Cheesy I do loudly applaud your hitting that beast with the most powerful preventative known and HUGE congrats for KILLING him and taking your life completely back!  Grin

I see that you realize he can come back to life though, so maintenance busting to keep him away is certainly something to consider.

NazTee RAWKS!  Cool Grin
« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2011 at 8:43pm by bejeeber »  

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

shaggyparasol
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Portland, OR
Reply #4 - Oct 5th, 2011 at 2:29am

Drug user ey?  Central and South American Shaman have used the fungus for thousands of years for many health and spiritual related reasons.  It doesn't matter what people think of you if you have beaten back the cluster attacks using an all-natural medicine that people have used successfully for longer than any modern pharmaceuticals have been around.

Good work finding something that works and I hope you stay pain free!   I had never taken them before either, until I needed them for the CH and it has been very successful so far. Wink

--The Shaggy Smiley

IP Logged

NazTee
CH.com Newbie

x0|Palmetto/Bradenton|USA||0|0|FL,Florida
Reply #5 - Oct 5th, 2011 at 9:38am

So I guess now my next question is how long should I hold onto my stock pile of imitrex.... I'm afraid to just "throw it away" I paid a lot of money for it, I know some of it is expired but my theory on it was - - should I need it again I'd take it and the pain would stop one way or another - - suggestions?  Storage options?  I currently have it in a tupperware type box in the back of my closet.

And THANK YOU for all the encouragement, I know I may not always be free but I also now know the weapons to defeat my enemy... (now if I could only find something effective on my a$$hole boss)  Roll Eyes

1st attack:  December 1998 - Final attack: June 2008
~ The only thing that lasts forever is regret ~

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #6 - Oct 5th, 2011 at 9:48am

You should refrigerate it.

PM me if you're interested in knowing how to help the less fortunate with your stockpile.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #7 - Oct 5th, 2011 at 10:29am

Quote:
Now please DO NOT think me a drug user,

LOL..if you have read around here for any length of time you will notice many here who have not only found relief in this manner but constantly give the link to clusterbusters to others.  NO ONE here would ever think you're a drug user and we all applaud that it worked so well for you.

[quote then started to scare myself that too much research and speaking about it would bring the foul beast raging back] [/quote]

The "beast" is deaf and reading or talking about it won't bring an attack on.   Grin

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #8 - Oct 5th, 2011 at 12:21pm

The "beast" is deaf and reading or talking about it won't bring an attack on

Took Linda many years to convince me of  that! Grin

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

bejeeber
CH.com Hall of Famer

Gnashville
Reply #9 - Oct 5th, 2011 at 12:35pm

Brew wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 9:48am:
..You should refrigerate it...

Sigh. All these decades as a clusterhead and somehow that never occurred to me.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

CH according to Bejeeber:

Strictly relying on doctors for CH treatment is often a prescription that will keep you in a whole lot of PAIN. Doctors are WAY behind in many respects, and they are usually completely unaware of the benefits of high flow 100% O2.

There are lots of effective treatments documented at this site. Take matters into your own hands, learn as much as you can here and at clusterbusters.com, put it into practice, then tell this CH beast Jeebs said hello right before you bash him so hard with a swift uppercut knockout punch that his stupid horns go flinging right off.
bejeeber bejeeber Enter your address line 1 here  
IP Logged

AbbysMom
CH.com Junior

So glad to be here!

Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Reply #10 - Oct 7th, 2011 at 9:56am

Brew wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 9:48am:
You should refrigerate it.

DUH! Why didn't I think of that? Smiley

Hugs,
Nicole

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW nm.teach  
IP Logged

b.g.
CH.com Newbie

Glad to be Here!

Reply #11 - Oct 12th, 2011 at 7:25pm

So glad to hear your results!!

I have also given into the idea that I need to try this method of medication.  a little scary, but anything is better than where im at now, and I have seen numbers anywhere from 50-85% (depending what site you are on) receive benefit from shrooms. 

I can only hope I have a great of a story to tell as yours!!

I am still a little iffy about dosage though, and I know it differs for everyone but where did you start??

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #12 - Oct 12th, 2011 at 9:14pm

This is where you start. Our sister board has done all the research and takes a lot of the guess work out for you! Wink

Joe

IP Logged

b.g.
CH.com Newbie

Glad to be Here!

Reply #13 - Oct 13th, 2011 at 8:46am

Guiseppi wrote on Oct 12th, 2011 at 9:14pm:

This is where you start. Our sister board has done all the research and takes a lot of the guess work out for you! Wink

Joe

thanks for the link Smiley
i have read just about everything over there as well.

i suppose i should have worded it a little different.  i have read that .5-1g is a good jumping off point, but for chronics it may take a larger dose to knock out the cycle. 

this is the part i was a little "iffy" about  Smiley
i dont wanna take 2g+ and wig out if i dont have to Cheesy

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #14 - Oct 13th, 2011 at 8:55am

Once on the clusterbusters board you'll find a LOT of people who will communicate with you one on one for specifics on the dosing. The people I know who have succesfully busted all used "sub-hallucinogenic" doses.

It's given a normal life back to some of our most severe cases, hope it works as well for you!

Joe

IP Logged

Chad
CH.com Hall of Famer

Emmaus, PA
Reply #15 - Oct 13th, 2011 at 10:54pm

I only had to read half way through your post till I concluded you're busting.  If you're desperate and want results stopping cycles, busting is the way to go.  It's worth feeling a little wheezy to get results.  I swear by it among other things, but that's my first line of defense when it comes to preventative maintenance.  I refuse pharmaceutical drugs which only creates more problems, but that's just me.  For others I realize it's your magic bullet and I respect that.  We're all here for support.

When the PAIN starts, I FIGHT back!

Rivea Corymbosa seeds were my KO punch, now D3 is the front runner!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!