Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Beast is back... joy (Read 1925 times)
Gundude
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Beast is back... joy
Dec 15th, 2011 at 7:15am

So, I guess I'm like half of the episodics I read here... back again after a long absence.

I'm exactly 3  years since my first real cycle. Almost to the day. I didn't find this place until Jan 1st 2009. But reading the early posts is odd.

I'm curious how common 3 year cycles are. I had one fairly light cycle in the spring of 2010. But this one is almost an exact duplicate of my first.

Oh well, I'm certain you guys know why I'm here... I just took the beast for a kip 8 bangging and felt the need to check in on the old CH forum to see if we had any new info and to offer a data point to those paying attention to us. Seems like the thing to do when in "afterglow" of a skull-fucking, no?
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2011 at 7:16am by Gundude »  

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Beast is back... joy
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 4:48pm

Doctor Goadsby says the beast never goes away forever. He keeps telling my buddy Jimi, PF for over 10 years, you're not cured, just on a long remission! Wink

New stuff.....review the oxygen link, make sure you're up to date on the newest and greatest tweaks.

Go to the medications thread and read the link "123 pain free days and i think I know why." A long thread started by one of our research oriented members, Batch. It's a simple daily vitamin/mineral supplement that's providing a lot of relief to people trying it. Not a cure but it's cheap, OTC stuff, good for you whether or  not you have CH so certainly worth a try.

Sorry beasty came back, I had a cycle last year after an almost 2 year remission.....really sucks when you realize he's returned. Angry

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #2 - Dec 16th, 2011 at 7:59am

I count my remissions in days. But I'm certain I am as grateful for those pf days as is any episodic for longer periods, and just as disappointed when they come back. Hang in there. Blessings. lance

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #3 - Dec 16th, 2011 at 12:34pm

I was in a 6 yr remission and now the DRAGON returned and has been TORTURING me for 4 & 1/2 months  Angry Cry

Everybody has their own unique cycles and treatment that helped in the past, might not work this cycle.  What didn't provide relief last cycle, might benefit this cycle.

Unfortunate trial and error with lots of patience required!

(1) Transitional, (2) Preventive and (3) Abortive treatments all required!

"Knowledge is Power" AKA you will still need to be a self-advocate!

As Joe mentioned, o2 revisions, anti-inflammatory are new.  Also, you might want to look into energy drinks and melatonin that have been helpful for many.

Other than that, not too much new in the past 3 yrs except members on this site.

Be tough! Cool

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

Gundude
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - Dec 17th, 2011 at 1:01am

I tried the infamous treatment-that-shall-not-be-named when I had my last "light" cycle... the quality was suspect to say the least, but it did turn out to be much easier than this. This is a mirror image of my first one.

Due to ongoing job requirements and extremely tight finances, as well as being out of touch with "Those kinds" of friends... it's just not possible this time around. I'll check the vitamins out!!

If this does mirror my last cycle... I'm hoping for an end before Feb.

At least this time I know what it is... I know there is hope and that it isn't a tumor or insanity. Those were some dark days.

Thank you.

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #5 - Dec 17th, 2011 at 1:07am

Gundude wrote on Dec 17th, 2011 at 1:01am:
I tried the infamous treatment-that-shall-not-be-named when I had my last "light" cycle... the quality was suspect to say the least, but it did turn out to be much easier than this. This is a mirror image of my first one.

Due to ongoing job requirements and extremely tight finances, as well as being out of touch with "Those kinds" of friends... it's just not possible this time around. I'll check the vitamins out!!

If this does mirror my last cycle... I'm hoping for an end before Feb.

At least this time I know what it is... I know there is hope and that it isn't a tumor or insanity. Those were some dark days.

Thank you.

Are you writing in code?    Huh

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

BobG
CH.com Hall of Famer

St. George, UT
Reply #6 - Dec 17th, 2011 at 7:02am

Are you writing in code? 

I think he's talking about ClusterBustin'.

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

Reply #7 - Dec 17th, 2011 at 8:28am

BobG wrote on Dec 17th, 2011 at 7:02am:
Are you writing in code? 

I think he's talking about ClusterBustin'.

"Not my cup of tea"

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #8 - Dec 17th, 2011 at 9:45am

If you haven't gone to the board for "the treatment that must not be named!" Grin Do visit it. They have instructions on how to produce your own "Vitamin M". There are other legal versions of busting methods available thru mail order.

clusterbusters.com

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!