Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seeing different colors with CH eye (Read 1948 times)
Matt Miller
CH.com Junior

This too shall pass...

NW Arkansas
Seeing different colors with CH eye
Jan 20th, 2012 at 1:20pm

This is a weird one and I am wondering if I am alone in this or if it is "normal" (as normal as anything can be with CH).

I am a Chronic CHer, and I get hit on my left side. When I am having an attack, if I look at things out of my left eye only, everything is red tinted and looks like it is slightly magnified. With my right (non ch side) eye, everything is blue tinted and slightly de-magnified.

The color change is VERY prominent. So much so that my alarm clock changes colors depending on which eye I look out of. The magnification is small but noticeable. I notice it mostly with books or other written words. The words are just a little bigger when seen through my CH eye. Had my eyes checked out a year ago and everything was fine. MRI's are fine, Cat scans fine, etc.

When i look out of both eyes at the same time they blend together into what i assume is the normal color of things.

I noticed the color changes with eye sight about 3 years ago, and it used to only happen during an attack. Here lately (past 6 months or so) it has moved to an almost permanent thing. Not as bright or noticeable, but when not having an attack, things are still slightly red tinted in my CH eye and blue tinted in my nonCH eye. White things are the easiest to notice this on.

Just a weird thing I thought I would check out to see if others have noticed anything like this.

PF Days to all of you lovely and wonderful people Smiley

-Matt

IP Logged

PlayDoh
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Re: Seeing different colors with CH eye
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 5:19pm

That's
messed
up
man

I
would
see
an
ophthalmologist
again
if
I
were
you.

Perhaps
blood-pressure
in
your
eyes
is
responsible?

As strong and tough as CH's are, I AM STRONGER!

IP Logged

Matt Miller
CH.com Junior

This too shall pass...

NW Arkansas
Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 5:30pm

Quote:
That'smessedupman
IwouldseeanophthalmologistagainifIwereyou.
Perhapsblood-pressureinyoureyesisresponsible

I've got to come back and read that during a hit just to check it out. thanks for the laugh! I'm assuming it is either from pressing hard on my CH eye, or blood pressure or something like that.

IP Logged

Headache Boy uk
CH.com Old Timer

Matthew ch 11 v 28

Mersea Island nr Colchester
Reply #3 - Feb 11th, 2012 at 9:07pm

Hi
Driving home last night I was following a car with LED back lights which are incredibly bright when you've been staring at them for the last 15 minuets whilst siting in traffic.

Any how something happened that made me think of this thread , the bloke in front of me took his foot off the brake and out went those bright red lights , the spots caused by retinal burn from those lights were a vivid blue colour .

So that made me think are you seeing red withe your CH eye due to a burst blood vessel  so causing you brain to proses your other eye slightly blue to counter the red so you see normally with both .

Sorry it's confused and rambling but it dose make sense in my head so I thought I'd shair

God bless

Nigel

You can't speak a kind word too soon, For you never know how soon it will be too late.

Some people cause happyness wherever they go, others whenever they go

IP Logged

AubanBird
CH.com Old Timer

I Love CH.com!

everywhere...
Reply #4 - Feb 12th, 2012 at 11:38pm

i get just the opposite.  i  am partialy aphakic in my right eye (damaged ocular lense) and i can see ultraviolet in that eye.  it usually ends up making everything have a blueish tint because of the UV.

i have noticed however, that if i use laser LEDs at wavelengths nowhere near UV and mix them through a diffuser into white light,  i can still get a bluish tint if i leave one eye closed or press on it for a little while.  i think it has something to due with the way the post retinal cells(cant remember what they are called) are influenced by pressure/bloodflow.  just a guess, im not an opthalmologist by any means.

i notice the same amplification though.  that one makes more sense, i KNOW my eye is swollen, so i imagine the lense is warped.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!