Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
having a tough time (Read 1224 times)
Mike8488
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

having a tough time
Feb 13th, 2012 at 4:46pm

So i am in the military and have been trying to get a referral to a neurologist with no success.  I saw a doctor today again, and asked for a referral and was told they wouldnt see me for something like this.  Instead i got prescribed topamax and instead of imatrex in pill form she gave me the nasal spray.  After reading everything about the topamax i am scared to take it, because i do not want weight loss and memory problems.  Secondly i was told that i can not get O2 because they do not prescribe it.  I am really at my wits end with this.  Its great to have free health care, please dont get me wrong, but with that comes some real problems if you have a specific issue.  If anyone has a similar experience and has some ideas on what i should do, please help me.  Secondly, should i be worried about the topamax? i am extremely active in the gym and i am not trying to lose weight and the hard work i put into my body.

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Re: having a tough time
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 10:16pm

Oh I hate if for ya. Military medicine is archaic unless you have guts hangin out...two tylenol and BTD.
If your base has a motorpool with repair capability get warm and cozy with the motor sargent they have 02 there. Read up on the oxygen information here and print it out for the dispensary...you have to prove it to them. Topomax does work and it is better than nothing.
Print this out and tell them you need an abortive ,a transitional medication and the topo is your prevent,imitrex injectors work best for ch.Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register...by the way who diagnosed the clusterheadache?...this is critical with proper diagnosis comes proper treatment...even in the military. So the neuro wont treat the most painful condition known eh?...fubar,snafu,fubar,snafu, fubar, fubar.
all the best
the bb
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2012 at 10:19pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!