Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
hello (Read 1495 times)
heath
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

hello
Feb 12th, 2012 at 2:08am

Hey everyone.I am new to this forum.I noticed alot of people were having trouble getting prescribed to o2.The easiest way around that is go buy an oxy-acetylene torch for about 200 bucks from northerntool.It includes a regulator and can be modded very easily with nostril tubes or a mask.Believe it or not the o2 used in the welding industry is as pure and uncontaminated as that of the medical industry.Many pilots use welding grade o2 instead of paying airport/hanger prices.For a 20cf refill it costs me about $25.
« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2012 at 2:17am by heath »  

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: hello
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2012 at 9:15am

Welcome to the board Heath. Glad you found us. Just want to caution against using the nasal canulas, we find people get the fastest aborts when 100% pure 02 gets to the lungs at a rate to support hyper-ventialtion. Nasal Canulas and re breather masks allow too much atmospheric air into the mix, dramatically reducing the percentage of 02. But great advice on the welding 02. Just as pure as the stuff in the medical grade bottles. Wink

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

LasVegas
CH.com Sponsor

Episodic CH since 11 yrs
old, now 50.

north of the 60th parallel
Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 2:05am

heath wrote on Feb 12th, 2012 at 2:08am:
Hey everyone.I am new to this forum.I noticed alot of people were having trouble getting prescribed to o2.The easiest way around that is go buy an oxy-acetylene torch for about 200 bucks from northerntool.It includes a regulator and can be modded very easily with nostril tubes or a mask.Believe it or not the o2 used in the welding industry is as pure and uncontaminated as that of the medical industry.Many pilots use welding grade o2 instead of paying airport/hanger prices.For a 20cf refill it costs me about $25.

Heath,
Nostril tubes?  Are you serious?  Does it really work? 

20cf or 200cf refill for $25? 

How does the $200 dollar torch help? 
Please do share your experiences. Roll Eyes

-Gregg in Las Vegas
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2012 at 2:10am by LasVegas »  

Wishing everybody at CH.com less pain w/ more productivity in their lives in 2019

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 10:29pm

Glad you found us...stick around and read some though. Tanks for the info.
all the best
the bb

IP Logged

Globi
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reply #4 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 5:19am

LasVegas wrote on Feb 13th, 2012 at 2:05am:
heath wrote on Feb 12th, 2012 at 2:08am:

Heath,
Nostril tubes?  Are you serious?  Does it really work? 

20cf or 200cf refill for $25? 

How does the $200 dollar torch help? 
Please do share your experiences. Roll Eyes

-Gregg in Las Vegas

You only use the regulator i presume. With the torch you can beat something up during an attack.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!