Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Drunk (Read 2151 times)
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus

It's always darkest before
the dawn.

North Carolina, USA
Drunk
Apr 7th, 2012 at 10:36am

When time's are tough, and you are getting hit alot.. and just not sleeping.  Do you sound like you're drunk?  I flippin do.  I do drink, but don't sound like this when I do!... But I sound Like a freaking drunk!!!!!!  It's frustrating!

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
taratheking taraann77 taraann1977 peachypie77 imjustpeachypie  
IP Logged

Racer1_NC
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

"Well, let's go see."

Lewisville, NC
Re: Drunk
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 5:48pm

My thought processes suffer greatly when I do not get enough sleep. I can't say I sound drunk though......

“We see what we believe, not the other way around." — Varga
Racer1_NC  
IP Logged

Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus

the dawn.

North Carolina, USA
Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 7:04pm

It's just a slight change in my speech.  But I can feel it.  And it really frustrates me.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #3 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 8:12pm

I get that sometimes, and sometimes my walk is unsteady as well.  I don't drink, so it is really frustrating to me to have people think I'm half lit. Smiley

jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus

the dawn.

North Carolina, USA
Reply #4 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 12:57am

Callico wrote on Apr 7th, 2012 at 8:12pm:
I get that sometimes, and sometimes my walk is unsteady as well.  I don't drink, so it is really frustrating to me to have people think I'm half lit. Smiley

jerry

YES! 

*and I should add I'm not a big drinker, but like to imbib with the hubster sometimes Smiley  But that's all I can compare the way my mouth functions to!

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Reply #5 - Apr 9th, 2012 at 7:47am

Tara Ann, I'm sure you've thought of this, but...how often does this happen? I only ask because slurred speech can be an indicator of something else going on. Intermittent slurring, or loss of balance, or even mental focus can be indicators of TIA's or other such neurological impairments. If this is or has happened more than once, I would urge you to share with your neuro. Probably nothing more than not enough sleep, but who knows? God bless. lance

IP Logged

Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus

the dawn.

North Carolina, USA
Reply #6 - Apr 9th, 2012 at 10:16am

That is a very good thing to point out here on the board Lance!  About 8 yrs ago, my neuro at the time thought that I had a very, mild TIA.  But people with headaches should be aware of Transient Ischemic Attacks.

But for me I know it's just pure exhaustion.  I just hate ppl thinking I'm an all out drunk or something! Cry  It bugs the crap outta me.

IP Logged

japanzaman
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Fukuoka, JAPAN
Reply #7 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 11:10am

Probably a combination of exhaustion and perhaps the meds, if any, you are taking. If it is becoming severe, you may want to get it it checked out as it could be a warning sign for something more severe like dementia, Alzheimer, etc.

IP Logged

Marc1985
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #8 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 4:51pm

when I have had a bad CH (and I mean the type that really makes the CH live up to its name 'suicide headache') I some times feel a little drunk..... maybe drunk is the wrong word, but definitely debilitated and light headed. Im not sure if my speech slows at all (if so its ever so slight) but I feel a lot slower and it takes half a second or so to process things, no one else would notice it so its not an obvious debilitation, but obviously I notice it. This can last until I go to sleep, but im back to normal the next day and it only occurs after major CH's so Im sure it is just exhaustion.
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2012 at 4:58pm by Marc1985 »  

IP Logged

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus

Are we ourselves?

Commack,New_York
Reply #9 - May 7th, 2012 at 10:39pm

Sleep deprivation will do that my friend.

oxoxo

I can't believe that I have to bang my Head against this wall again. But the blows they have just a little more Space in-between them. Gonna take a breath and try again.
Edoubleitk Edoubleitk1  
IP Logged

superhawk2300
CH.com Hall of Famer

New Berlin, WI
Reply #10 - May 7th, 2012 at 11:32pm

Just the other day I had my boss reply to an email  sent him and he asked me to re-write the whole thing, "in a different way".

yeah, I don't know if it is part of a cycle or my overall condition from lack of sleep but I do also catch myself soundling like im a bit tipsy when I talk too.

WWW 1107217852  
IP Logged

Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus

the dawn.

North Carolina, USA
Reply #11 - May 12th, 2012 at 12:24pm

It SUCKS!  Smiley

IP Logged

Saladin27
CH.com Newbie

Montreal, Canada
Reply #12 - May 19th, 2012 at 5:43am

Absolutely!! I went to the ER the other day after being awake for over 36 hours. The hospital I went to was full of french only staff and my french is usually good (I'm in Quebec) nearly as good as my english.

My wobbly walking and incoherent sentences along with my inability to understand long sentences didnt help my case. Super frustrating when you're trying to be taken seriously.

Patience and fortitude conquer all things

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!