Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Loss of eyesight (Read 1198 times)
Bonnie lee
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Loss of eyesight
May 16th, 2012 at 8:49pm

Has anyone ever had loss of eyesight on the effected side during and episode? I have had this happen twice and when I told the neurologist he said it was most likely from the pain because if it was caused from the the brain the brain would have shut down the eyesight in both eyes.
Both my neurologist and the neurologist I saw at john hopkins did not seem too concerned about it.
Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Re: Loss of eyesight
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2012 at 9:27pm

I've had some pretty funky shit happen to my eyesight - figured it came from pressing hard on my eyeball / eye socket for an extended period.

Never lasted too very long.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #2 - May 17th, 2012 at 8:19am

That two neuros have evaluated the situation and found nothing to worry about, I'd relax.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Joshua Inouye
CH.com Newbie

Just another teen

Reply #3 - May 17th, 2012 at 11:36am

I have also experienced the loss of sight in one eye during a episode.

IP Logged

Bonnie lee
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #4 - May 17th, 2012 at 12:08pm

It's good to know I am not alone here. Was wondering it it was a CH thing.

IP Logged

KHeller
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Denver Metro, Colorado
Reply #5 - May 17th, 2012 at 5:24pm

I got blurred vision during one of mine.  It was scary.

IP Logged

oldred82
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #6 - May 18th, 2012 at 5:41pm

I have a drooping eyelid on the side that I have CH's. I have had this eyelid corrected once but it is back and affects my vision at night when my eyes get tired. I am from a large family. Since no one else in my family has had this problem, I'm assuming that it is nerve damage from the headaches.

I am just ending a 10 week cycle (I hope) and will try to get the eyelid repaired again. My wife drives very little so it is critical that I be able to pass the driving test (Next Feb.).

As a sidebar, I am on the last day of the 2 week Prednisone series. (80mg x3, 60mg x 3 etc.)I felt a lot of side effects this time, though tolerable if it does the trick,(Took it several years ago). Maybe partly phychological but I could feel the "steroid" effect at the gym. Also some dizziness. I should know in a few days if it broke the cycle. I have been pain free since I started the medicine.

Tried Toporimax before that. It didn't work.

oldred82

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!