Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new supporter (Read 2961 times)
nay
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

new supporter
Apr 22nd, 2012 at 5:25pm

Hi I am new here, but not new to cluster headaches. My husband has been getting them for about 5 years chronically. He gets them everyday, sometimes 3-4 times a day. Depends on weather and stress(I think). I have been reading the different things people are trying. Nothing works except Imitrex shots and the pills. Of course he runs out before insurance pays again. I think he is getting rebound headaches, but I know he can't take the pain. I sit with him when he gets them at home when I know he is in the middle of one just to make sure he is ok. It just breaks my heart to see him in that pain, I would do anything to get rid of them for him. Prednizone works, but as you all know can't stay on that long! I am now giving him the vitamin regimin I see on here, plus I am adding magnesium. He has done it before, but he will not stick with anything for a period of time. Oh it doesn't work and then he stops it. I told him he should try it for at least a month straight to get the vitamins in his system. I want natural things because as you know he is on every kind of preventative med he could be on. I'm new here and could only get pieces of Bach's(hope I spelled that right) regimin. Any ideas. He even tried acupuncture for me, but that didn't work. The chiropracter had him put little round bandaides on his ears and said it was acupuncture. My husband said it was crazy and finally stopped that too.

IP Logged

QnHeartMM
CH.com Sponsor

I AM a Phoenix!

San Diego, CA
Re: new supporter
Reply #1 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 12:21pm

Hi there, welcome to clusterville. I too am a supporter, my husband has had CH for over 30 years. We found this site about 14 years ago and it has made a difference in how we deal with CH. He (we) definately got our lives back as a result of how we manage it.

Has your husband tried Oxygen to abort a headache? It wont keep it from coming, but used correctly, aborts them for my husband in about 5 minutes. Big change from what he suffered before. I also get him an ice pack and a redbull (or other energy drink). The quick caffeine seems to help too.

Suggest you PM Batch directly for the D3 regimen. My husband also started that during his last cycle. THe cycle was ending as he ramped up, but he hasn't had another one since, been about 1.5 years now. Is it the D3 or a remission? Who knows, but we shall continue the D3! (and it's all good for you anyways, I take it myself!)

Welcome - ask questions - seek support. We're here for you too.

Christy

Treat people with kind words.

IP Logged

Batch
CH.com Alumnus

Control The Beast With
O2 & D3 You Must

Bremerton, WA
Reply #2 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 9:01pm

Hey Nay,

The starter kit for the anti-inflammatory regimen is simple.  You can pick up the following supplements as shown below at Costco for $35 or 20 cents a day for five months or go to your local supermarket or drugstore. 

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Take two of each...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

If you can't get to Costco for the calcium citrate tablets, Citracal Plus has a similar formulation with magnesium, zinc and boron... These are called "cofactors" in vitamin D3 therapy as they support the metabolic activity that changes vitamin D3 into 25(OH)D3 and on to 1,25(OH)2D3, the active metabolite,

When you get the time, drag your husband to the doctor for a lab test for 25(OH)D...  The odds are he is deficient...  The normal reference range for 25(OH)D is 30-100 ng/mL. However, we've had several CH'ers with active CH test as high as 42 ng/mL.

Moreover, CH'ers who have gone pain free on this regimen and then gone in for this lab test have all come back between 60 and 110 ng/mL.

BTW...  When you see what this regimen does for your husband...  you might want to join him in taking it...  My wife has been on this regimen since Dec 2010 and runs around the house and yard like a kid again... 

She just kicked the heck out of 74 last Christmas so go figure...

Take care and please keep us posted...

V/R, Batch

You love lots of things if you live around them. But there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, that’s as lovely as a great airplane. If it's a beautiful fighter, your heart will be ever there
pete_batcheller  
IP Logged

nay
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 5:41pm

Thank you guys!

IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Sponsor
CH.com Alumnus

Reply #4 - Apr 30th, 2012 at 5:49am

Quote:
I am now giving him the vitamin regimin I see on here, plus I am adding magnesium. He has done it before, but he will not stick with anything for a period of time.

This speaks volumes to me.

He is the one who needs to make the decision to take this bull by the horns. Like a very wise member here once said, he can cowboy up, or he can lay there and bleed.

The answers are here. He chooses whether or not to heed them.

"I have been asked if I have changed in these past 25 years. No, I am the same. Only more so."  --Ayn Rand

IP Logged

AppleNutClusters
CH.com Old Timer

2012, Year of the Honey
Badger

Richmond, Virgina, USA
Reply #5 - May 1st, 2012 at 12:08am

Just want to chime in here that yes, HE is the one to choose treatments. That being said though, I really did appreciate having my partner at the time help me process those options and even TOUGH-LOVE me into trying them.  CH can drain one's will to fight, one's hopefulness, or other things... having you there to provide a pain-free perspective has GOT to be valuable.

jgroulx@mac.com  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!