Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Another Scarey One!! (Read 799 times)
dv8r_dragon
CH.com Junior

small deeds inspire big

Kansas
Another Scarey One!!
May 16th, 2012 at 2:01am

Undecided This morning I had a wicked SLAM....hit is an understatement. When all was said and done I passed out. I am a chronic sufferer as well as an insomniac, so passing out...not the norm. I know I havent posted much but that was more because of location. I have an awseome tablet now, so be prepared...

Anyway, back to this mornings visit of that rotten, no good beast. So, I passed out and when I came around, I had no idea what had happened. Shocked I was exausted as usual. Then it really started in. By the time night came, I was flush and feeling like I was burning up, even though my skin was cold to the touch. I decided that no er this time...so tired of the er. I am gonna ride it til the beast bucks!...and buck it did! I made it through todays crazy episode thanks to O2 and the loving family I have. Cool

Well thats my crazy one for now. Being chronic I have them more than you would think. Todays was more crazy bedause I passed out. I havent done that in years from these. If this has ever happened to anyone else, fear not, for just as all the others, these to shall pass.

If I sound weirdly chipper...thankful to still be alive and that it finally ended...

Love you all stay PF my friends

I'm not crazy...just misunderstood
dv8rfleck 10000054945  
IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Re: Another Scarey One!!
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2012 at 7:28am

You passed out? The only time that's happened to me was when I went on a 6 hour bender...nothing seemed to help, including O2, and it went on all night. After 3 or 4 hours of unremitting attack I also "passed out" but probably from exhaustion. That was before I had any effective abortives other than O2. Now, I'd hit it with Migranal or Imitrex, plus an energy drink or two, plus the O2. Haven't had to go so commando on it for a very long time, as usually the Monster and O2 are enough. Occasionally, after the third hit and with a 4th one looming, I'll add in the trex or Migrnal. Hope you have a few more weapons in your arsenal so this doesn't happen again. Blessings. lance

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Reply #2 - May 16th, 2012 at 9:41am

At the very least, I'd tell my doc about the experience. The issue is, can there be another disorder operating? Assuming that every symptom/experience is related to Cluster might be misleading.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - May 16th, 2012 at 9:48am

Bob makes a great point. When you're "lucky" enough to suffer from something as dramatic and rare as CH, there is a tendency to assign the blame for all of your ailments as just another side effect of the beast. Anytime something this dramatic occurs, it's worth at least a call to your doc to touch base.

Take a second to read this link and make sure you're getting the maximum benefit from your oxygen:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The keys are a high flow rate, minimum of 15 LPM with some having to go up to 45 LPM to abort their attacks. A Non Re Breather Mask, and get on it as soon as you get "that feeling" beasty is on his way. Many who said oxygen did not work for them have found success just by tweaking HOW they used it. Hoping you catch a break soon.

Joe

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

dv8r_dragon
CH.com Junior

small deeds inspire big

Kansas
Reply #4 - May 21st, 2012 at 6:59am

Thanx for the replies  Smiley no other underlying causes...thank god. It was from exhaustion. I also suffer from severe insomnia and had already been up for a week. It was strange for me because I never just fall asleep. I just remember one second I was awake and the next....well asleep. I guess "passed out" was the only thing I could think of to describe what happened.

Guiseppe, thank you for the O2 advice. I didnt realize they made a regulator that went up that high. I will consult my dr about bumping up the lpm and see what happens. I also use energy drinks, they do help in a pinch  Wink

Love and gratitude! Stay PF my dear friends

I'm not crazy...just misunderstood
dv8rfleck 10000054945  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!