Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Other symptoms (Read 960 times)
Jode930
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Other symptoms
Jun 27th, 2012 at 11:04am

Hi my name is Jodi. I was diagnosed with CH at 13. When I was first diagnosed I had about 3 attacks a year, which lasted for a 5 straight years. Then I had some relief I went 4 years without an attack, I was hoping I had "outgrown" them. Since then its been 2 years and I think this attack is finally over since I've been pain free for 17 hours. Compared to some of your stories I should consider myself lucky that my attacks have been so irratic over the past few years. But that does not take away from the hours of pain that I feel when the attacks happen.  But getting to my question since I'm new here. When I get attacks I also develop a fever of around 102. I chill and I shake (not sure if the shaking is from the fever or just the pain). I get nausa like many of you do, but does any one else actually vomit. For me that is the sign the pain from that particular spell is almost over. Just wanting to know I'm not alone.

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
CH.com Alumnus

"Only the educated are
free." -Epictetus

Kennett Square, PA (USA)
Re: Other symptoms
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2012 at 11:17am

Not an issue which we can or should touch!

Not good alternative to seeing a doc who can sort out your symptoms. There are a number of disorders in which headache is a secondary symptom, rather than being the primary disorder, and only a good diagnostic work-up is useful.

Bob Johnson

IP Logged

wimsey1
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

MA
Re: Other symptoms
Reply #2 - Jun 30th, 2012 at 8:10am

I think you need to discuss this with a dr right away. The presence of a fever is not a usual symptom. blessings. lance

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!