Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nausea (Read 3920 times)
JessJames1968
CH.com Newbie

Are we there yet?

California, The OC
Nausea
Dec 17th, 2012 at 5:31pm

I've been made aware patterns can change, but has anyone found that symptoms can change? Specifically, nausea accompanying a cluster.

Beli and I have been dealing well with these things for over a year now. Verapamil has been a G-d send. When they hit they're not as intense. But something new occurred this morning, the cluster came with a session of "praying to the porcelain G-d". We both ate the same thing last night, so I don't think bad food is in play here.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Jess Huh

In Love and Light,

IP Logged

MDR
CH.com Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Elysburg Pa.
Re: Nausea
Reply #1 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 7:39pm

Not all the time but been right there praying to .

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #2 - Dec 17th, 2012 at 8:45pm

When I  was a child, (my cluster's started at age 10) I vomited with almost every hit, always at the end of it. 
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2012 at 8:46pm by Jeannie »  

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Tim in Texas
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Kerrville Texas
Reply #3 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 1:01am

Any change in meds or dosage? I highly doubt that it was a foodborne illness. I am a Chef and know that EVERYTHING takes atleast 24 hours to show symptoms with the exception of botulism. However, I do know that mixing wines and certain foods, can bring on nausea. IE: Mixing dry whites with soft cheese such as Bried, Roquetfort, Gorgonzola, etc......because the wine can cause the dairy to curdle and making your stomach a hostage. Please just think its coincidence at this time. I am certainly by no means a medical professional nor want you to take advice from an advanced culinarian for medical advice either. (Hope those who read before my edit got what I meant to say)

Did you know? Most foodbourne illnesses would hospitalize you? When most people "get sick from something they ate", its almost always their hygene that contracts critical control points. Case in point: how many of you wash your hands before you eat at a restaurant? Ok, now for how long? Do you wait for the temperature to get to where its almost intolerable or above 105? The rule of thumb is....wash your hands for 20 seconds or more with a rinse water temperature of 105 and higher. I will raise my hand first and say that I do not do that at all. I practice the doulbe handwash technique. Its basically what it says, I wash and rinse my hands twice. I can almost guarantee that 80% of the places have no running hotwater in their restrooms. Here is the next kicker, after you wash your hands....do you dry them? How? I always, always, always ALWAYS use a paper towel dispenser......if out....toilet paper. Next where do you throw it away? Most people do by the sink.....not me. I used the towel that I dried my hands with as a barrier between my and the doorhandle. Ever notice how almost all restaurants have trash cans by both sink and door? That's why. People contract a great deal more foodborne illnesses from that nasty door knob than anything at restaurants.

Sorry that was so long. Just thought I'd share something with you that most of the general public doesn't know.
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2012 at 1:49am by Tim in Texas »  

IP Logged

Tim in Texas
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Kerrville Texas
Reply #4 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 1:03am

Ugh please read through the typos.....and using a new phone with no keypad. I hate this new phone.

IP Logged

JessJames1968
CH.com Newbie

Are we there yet?

California, The OC
Reply #5 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 2:50pm

Thank you all for the input.

We're pretty sure this was a new symptom of the clusters. Yesterday's started violently with the nausea and vomiting (luckily I'm not the sqeamish type and could hold him while he let go), then lingered through the day. It was the first time in about a year that he had to stay home from work because of a cluster.

Thank you again for the input.

In Love and Light,

IP Logged

Tim in Texas
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Kerrville Texas
Reply #6 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 3:20pm

Ugh! The dreaded call-into-work because of a CH. Unless you have a boss that understands, they treat you like "Rhonda that calls in on the day after payday because she doesn't have a babysitter", or "Jacob that calls in because he's hungover". A lot of employers will be very condescinding and rude when you show up for work. Maybe its because there isn't really any aftermath that's evident on us. Its not like we are still fighting off some bug and still have some symptoms. We may actually be bright and cheery. (But on the inside are plagued with fear) I feel so bad for those who don't have sympathetic employers. Oh and what's really f___ed up is when another employee with loudly force you to overhear "yeah! Maybe I should just call in with a "headache" too!.......must be nice to have enough money to be able to call in all the time!". That's when I have a very hard time of not wishing these on others.

IP Logged

CrankieFrankie
CH.com Junior

Clusterhead

New Jersey
Reply #7 - Dec 26th, 2012 at 1:00pm

I don't always get sick when I get a hit, but it does happen occasionally. Usually, it's not at the beginning of the CH, but more towards the middle/peak but I'm starting to think its just the amount of pain that is making me sick. I guess when you're in that much pain for so long, the body just can't handle it.

"I close my eyes, I tell myself to breathe and be calm. I know you feel like you are breaking down. I know that it gets so hard sometimes. Be calm."

IP Logged

AppleNutClusters
CH.com Old Timer

2012, Year of the Honey
Badger

Richmond, Virgina, USA
Reply #8 - Dec 27th, 2012 at 3:04am

I occasionally get sick with clusters, or with their aftermath, or with the occasionally resulting migraines. Zofran (ondansetron) is something that should be in your arsenal if nausea ever strikes. Most physicians will not hesitate to prescribe this if you're healthy, as the side effects are minimal. The only drawback is this med is very expensive, and may not be covered by insurance. In that case, there are other, more old-school, meds that can be tried. Compazine, Reglan, thorazine, and Tigan come to mind.

Also marijuana, though obviously controversial, is known to do wonders on the nausea. Keep in mind that this can be a cluster trigger, however. Best to proceed with extreme caution or hopeful desperation.  Undecided
« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2012 at 3:07am by AppleNutClusters »  
jgroulx@mac.com  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!